Condo In Cm

dima86

Hi!!!

We (with my wife) looking for european-style condo in Chiang Mai. A/C! Good location.

Budget: 4 500 THB/month (+water +electricy) - max.

Please help!

At that price forget about it!

Maybe a small university condo, but nothing European inside! (Means noisy and bad mantainance)

Good luck

We are also intensively looking for a long-term accommodation, probably cond.

Dima86, the best I found is 6,000 + water and electricity with European facilities and all furniture. There are several of these around Huay Kaew Road.

Btw, dima86, vy ne iz rashki sluchaem :-)))

Try The Loft, a newish place north of the old city by maybe 2 Kms. I had a look at it a couple of months back on my way thorugh CM for afuture visit. I think it was about 4.5-5000.

Google it, and it may take a bit of finding in their ad, but month long stays are about half nightly stay. What I saw looked quite good.

• 2 weeks later...

Checked out the site of that Loft place. Looks nice, prices are ok for rent. But then I read they will charge 8 baht per unit. It's stuff like that that pisses me off, and would be a clear reason not to move there. Normal rates are 3 or 4 baht or whatever per unit, depending on how much you use. There is no reason to charge double that to customers. I stayed in a 50 m2 serviced appartment earlier, they charged 7 baht per unit. And my studio without kitchen easily produced a higher electric bill then the rented house with kitchen and 2 aircons that I use now. With a few hours of aircon a day, tv, computer, you will be easily looking at 2000+ (3000+ in hot season) electric bill a month in these places.

If you wanna stay cheap. Drive around and ask some guesthouses. Some give incredibly good rates. Surely most of them are not european style, but with electric included it's ur cheapest bet.

On the outskirts of Chiang Mai, there are some Thai appartment places where you get quite decent rooms for 3500 baht a month. Wish I could explain you how to get there but there are many, so better drive around on your bike and keep asking and looking.

Good luck