Where To Get Best Deal On A Yamaha Or Honda

Wossnext

Hi Guys,

The wife and I took a short trip up Rama 4 road this afternoon to look for a bike to buy as a work tool and a runaround. Had a nosey in a Yamaha and a Honda dealership. Pretty disappointed really as I was expecting a motorbike superstore but no such luck just small dealerships with a limited stock of bikes.

I have narrowed my choice down to the new Honda Click PGM-FII which is a good looker but not so hot on the storage and has no hook for my manbag! or shopping, whatever, and the Yamaha Nuovo Elegance, now the yammy has got it all! looks great is a 135cc as opposed to Honda 113cc and has storage aplenty.

Best price I could get on the Nuovo was 56000 baht and the Honda was 50000 baht with a crapola plasticised brain bucket a free jacket and free 3rd party insurance only. I am not paying cash it is gonna be a 10000 baht down with balance payable over 12 months deal.

So, I have read all the reviews on the 2 bikes and am fully spec'd up on whats what, I have been riding supersports bikes in UK US and NZ for almost 30 years so I am not looking for any riding advice. What I would really appreciate though is someone who could point me to a decent dealership who maybe stocks Yamaha and Honda and who is friendly and helpful and possibly open to a bit of discussion on price or getting a few extras chucked into the deal. My wife can handle any language difficulties but she is about as clued up on motorbikes as I am on the latest facial cleansers! and if you have to try and deal through an interpreter it all gets a bit Pete Tong if you get my drift.

So, I want a brand new Nuovo Elegance or maybe a Click PGM-FII (Yamaha is 1st Choice) and I want to pay no more than 50,000 baht all up with around 2 - 2.1% APR over 12 months. I am also going to need 2 helmets of decent quality and a rain jacket. Although I dont want to start a raging debate on the 2 bikes (its all been done before many times) I would welcome any shortish opinions on the 2 bikes, just in case there is some stuff that nobody else has mentioned on their reviews.

Oh, I should mention also that alloy wheels are an abolute definite, must have em' so what do you all reckon? can any of you experienced bike owners help me to find a good deal round here somewhere (I am in Ratchada, nr Fortune Mall). I look forward to reading your reply's.

I don't think there's as much leaway as you seem to think, it's not a particularly big ticket purchase and there's plenty of buyers out there so I can't see them knocking a further 12% off the bike, throwing in insurance, 2 helmets and a jacket with the Nuvo.

I don't think there's as much leaway as you seem to think, it's not a particularly big ticket purchase and there's plenty of buyers out there so I can't see them knocking a further 12% off the bike, throwing in insurance, 2 helmets and a jacket with the Nuvo.

Hi,

No I didn't really expect to get all that stuff free, tho' it does come with the Honda (1 helmet) and a jacket and free 3rd party insurance. Had a rethink about it tho' and have decided to go cash. Still would like to know where a good place to shop for one is.

Further to my above post, I have decided to pay cash and not bother with finance. Similar questions still apply though, where to go for a good selection of bikes with helpful friendly staff, (There must be somewhere). Even though I might not get any freebies thrown in, surely cash is still worth a bit of a haggle. What say you? looking to buy 20th next month. If anybody has a good used bike in mint condition and well looked after, get in touch, I might be interested.

Further to my above post, I have decided to pay cash and not bother with finance. Similar questions still apply though, where to go for a good selection of bikes with helpful friendly staff, (There must be somewhere). Even though I might not get any freebies thrown in, surely cash is still worth a bit of a haggle. What say you? looking to buy 20th next month. If anybody has a good used bike in mint condition and well looked after, get in touch, I might be interested.

Make up your mind!

In Pattaya Elegance goes for 52K brand new.

I must say though, having owned both 2 honda's and 2 yamaha's, i prefer Honda.

Nuovo does not always start in the morning

even though its 135 cc, the click is actually faster

The "leg" on Yamaha does not cut off the engine, so very often you start to drive with stand leg being out-may result in a fall.

Make up your mind!

Why? what's it to you. pour yoursefl a drink and chill out.

In Pattaya Elegance goes for 52K brand new.

I must say though, having owned both 2 honda's and 2 yamaha's, i prefer Honda.

Nuovo does not always start in the morning

even though its 135 cc, the click is actually faster

The "leg" on Yamaha does not cut off the engine, so very often you start to drive with stand leg being out-may result in a fall.

I suppose I will get another dig from "Mr Grumpy" for changing my mind again lol but I am now definitely starting to lean the other way. Thanks for that advice looks like the Click-i for me then, cheaper anyway and Honda reliability is definitely something to consider.

I've got a Honda wave 125cc now which I've had for 8 years now,and still going strong,the only thing too go wrong on it was i was always getting punchers,then i relised it was the cheap tires which cost about 200bt so then i bought tire which was 550bt never had a problem since,

has for buying a moter bike,ive been looking to buy a honda 150cc nsr or repsol,if you look around you can buy these bike cheap and the ones your thinking of buying very cheap,i would ask your wife or girl frend to ask around her frends or family to buy second hand bike,there are a lot around when you start looking,but make sure you get the green book with it.

good luck

I've got a Honda wave 125cc now which I've had for 8 years now,and still going strong,the only thing too go wrong on it was i was always getting punchers,then i relised it was the cheap tires which cost about 200bt so then i bought tire which was 550bt never had a problem since,

has for buying a moter bike,ive been looking to buy a honda 150cc nsr or repsol,if you look around you can buy these bike cheap and the ones your thinking of buying very cheap,i would ask your wife or girl frend to ask around her frends or family to buy second hand bike,there are a lot around when you start looking,but make sure you get the green book with it.

good luck

Cheers, I might just do that and see what's about. I take such good care of my cars and bikes I like to get new and keep that way, but always keen to save a few baht if I can find a minter.

good luck

Cheers, I might just do that and see what's about. I take such good care of my cars and bikes I like to get new and keep that way, but always keen to save a few baht if I can find a minter.

if you want a really good buy, check out Honda PCX. Brand new they go for 70K, but have few for sale on TV Classifieds for around 60K.

Very economical, reliable and a pleasure to ride

Honda Sapan Kwai have been very good for me, there's also a chap there who speaks good English, even on the technical side of things.