Montessori School Pattaya Naklua

flakes

Am thinking putting my child of 6 years to the montessori school in PAttaya..(new location)

They are building a new school for P1 till P6..on a new location near crocodile farm..start end august..

It will be no longer a Montessori system but it will be an international school following the britsch curriculum.

the old location was in pattaya naklua near the beach,they will keep that location open for k1 till k3..

Anyone who is thinking about enroll children to this school please contact me,and or anyone who has children already going to this school what are u experiences sofar..

Sander 08-24938526

We have our 3 year old there at the moment and have no complaints about the school. He'll be moving to the new location next year cos nearer to home but the old location is nice with the old buildings and location.

They keep it clean and the staff seem to be good with the kids as well. The management also take an interest in the pupils progres - maybe easier for them since it's a relatively small group.

I have a 9 year old i wish to bring down for korat and put in a good school, we live near to so Pattaya BIG C and i am out of the country now so could you tell me what would be closer to where we are , old school or new and what cost is for school or if you know of a better school closer please,

, thank you

^The old Montessori is not for 9 year olds, they would be at the new school which is near the Crocodile Farm.

Regents School is also in the same area, and there's also an International school on Sukhumvit on the way out that way (ISE?).

St. Andrew's is a bit farther away and in the 'opposite' direction, at Green Valley. Garden International School (GIS) is in Ban Chang also farther away.

It will all depend on what you want to pay for schooling as the prices vary, St. Andrew's is around 400k a year, Regents more expensive, GIS cheaper.

The other 2 I don't know fees for.

Bi-lingual schools are cheaper than international schools.

^The old Montessori is not for 9 year olds, they would be at the new school which is near the Crocodile Farm.

Regents School is also in the same area, and there's also an International school on Sukhumvit on the way out that way (ISE?).

St. Andrew's is a bit farther away and in the 'opposite' direction, at Green Valley. Garden International School (GIS) is in Ban Chang also farther away.

It will all depend on what you want to pay for schooling as the prices vary, St. Andrew's is around 400k a year, Regents more expensive, GIS cheaper.

My only reservation about The Montessori 'method" is that they gave rather too much scope to younger children to 'experiment' in the classroom pretty much on their own. rather like the Steiner system in that respect. Great for teachers though!!

Thank you so much for all the information , you are very helpful.

My daughter is attending this school (the old one so far, and from August onwards the new one). No complaints.

If I remember correctly they have 3 terms, and per term they charge around THB 55k (without transfers).

It seems that Montessori has now truly become an international school and is following eagerly in the paths of it's peers in the area.

The prices for the new school year came through yesterday and yesterday evening I had to get to grips with the following:

For kindergarden the yearly increase is approx 11%.

For any new admission the increase is 100%

For the optional hot meal at lunchtime the increase is 85%

For compulsory sports and swimming the increase is a meagre 333% - and no, there's no decimal points missing.

I'm supposing the new school location and all those new buildings have to be paid for but as I have pointed out in other discussions on this topic, they should not try to tear a new one on families that have their kids already attending their schools.

The profits that these schools make is pretty good and if there's new buildings, pools, toilets, bicycle sheds or tents to be built then these same profits from previous years should be used and not try to get it from the enrolled families in what appears like one fell swoop.

So Flakes, take it from there and be warned that it appears that the Montessori school is now no different from all the rest.

thanks everybody for putting in the information..

i read here in their brochure that they have 3 terms... a term is 57000 bath for the groups P1 1 till P 3 this is age group 6 till 9years ....lower elementary

lunch is 4500 a term so its not included ?..sports and gym is 2500 a term extra ?..then new student 40.000 entrance fee that they might consider waiving if more student signup in a group..

yeah its not cheap and sure more expensive any bilangual school on other hand this seems to be one of the lower priced international school arround here ,that is following the britisch curriculum,also this school wont be a real montessoir it be more an ordinary international school,but what i understand perhaps with some more space for the development of each individual child.its positve it be a new fresh building..

I am considering placing my child there...if you considering also perhaps contact me...

PM Sander

Edited by Rimmer
telephone number removed, not a good idea to publicize your number, please PM Flakes