Escaping Bangkok

Maenromo

Hello I have been in Bangkok for 2 weeks and want to get out during the weekend I want to visit Ayutthaya ,I read you can take the train, is it a nice view?, is it hard to find transportation once in the city like hire a tuk tuk or something to take me to the different temples?

I can either go with a tour company for 1500 bahts including transportation back and ford in a van and a guide from 9am and back in Bangkok by 4pm.

Or go by myself in train or bus and just explore, wander.

should I just relax , pay and let the tour people do it all for me? or go and see what happens if I just get there by myself

Also Please tell me some other cool places near Bangkok that you personally recommend :) Thank you

Take the scheduled tour for 1500 baht,you'll see the important places. Some tours have a nice boat ride back to BKK via the river with a buffet lunch . If you take a Tuck Tuck when you get there by train they will fleece you and show you nothing but the inside of souvineer shops where they get a commission or gas credits.Have fun and leave the transportation to the tour driver.

I don't know if they still do it, but the Shangri La Hotel used to arrange day trips to Ayutthaya. Start at hotel, down on the river, at about 7am. Tour Coach to Ayutthaya with stops at elephant farm, sleeping Buddha and a couple of temples in Ayutthaya then down to the river where the Shangri La's nice big cruise boat is waiting. Nice lunch on the boat whilst cruising back to Bangkok arriving back at the hotel around 4:30pm.

Depends on how much time you have left.

If you go west to Kanchanaburi, keep going to Sangklaburi. It's well worth the five hours in a bus (I hired a bike in K'buri and rode it in 3 hours), and you can hire a motorcycle for B150 a day to look around. Stay at P Guest House down on the lake, about B250 a night.

I'd definintely take in Chiang Mai, fly one way and bus back via Phitsanulok, Sukhothai and Ayutthaya staying at least a night in each place.

Go in for a scheduled tour. It would be hassle free since the guide will know all the important places in the city. Traveling alone might pose a risk.

You obviously know very little about Thailand. Maybe you should be looking for advise rather than posting it.