Visa For India - From Bangkok Indian Embassy

Hi, I am a British Passport Holder, and just asking if anyone has experience of getting a Tourist Visa for India, from Bangkok Indian Embassy. It all looks pretty straight forward, but

just thought i would ask, you never know. Going to Delhi for Commonwealth games in Oct. Thanks.

• Like 1

Unless things have changed significantly in the last few months, the visa from Laos is exactly half the price of the one in Bangkok - depending on whether you want to visit Laos or have to do an border run, it could be well worth the visit. The Indian embassy in Bangkok handed over visa applications to a private company some time last year and the visa fee doubled from TB1,200 to TB2,400. Things could have changed since then, just do a bit of homework.

Unless things have changed significantly in the last few months, the visa from Laos is exactly half the price of the one in Bangkok - depending on whether you want to visit Laos or have to do an border run, it could be well worth the visit. The Indian embassy in Bangkok handed over visa applications to a private company some time last year and the visa fee doubled from TB1,200 to TB2,400. Things could have changed since then, just do a bit of homework.

Interesting thanks for replying. Certainly worth doing if you are going that way. Link on costs on the Laos Indian Embassy is broken at the moment, but can confirm TB2400 is the cost from BKK. Cheers

i am a usa passport holder and got an indian transit visa in bangkok...

no need to go to Indian embassy at all the whole process is out sourced to a place (building) called Glasshause located just around the corner from Soi Cowboy was very good service and took 4 days to complete ...3000 bhat fee as i recall...

all info can be found on Indian emmbassey web sight as well

I went to apply India visa 2 months ago. For apply india visa you should apply at VFS Thailand, 15th floor, Glas Haus Building, Sukumvit 25, Bangkok. , telephone: 026652968-9. You will need passport + 2 copy of pssport + 2 photos + Visa Fee (1700 + Reference fee (Non Thai) 400 + 482 (VFS Service) Baht)

and wait 5 days For Non Thai Nationals on Thai Tourist Visas & Thai Work Permit/ Resident Permit holders for less than 3 years (including day of submission at India Visa Application Centre).

....And Foreign nationals who have 6 months, 1 year, 5 years and 10 years Tourist Visa with stay stipulation of 180 days/90 days with multiple entry facility, there should be a gap of 2 months between two visits to the country.

I went to apply India visa 2 months ago. For apply india visa you should apply at VFS Thailand, 15th floor, Glas Haus Building, Sukumvit 25, Bangkok. , telephone: 026652968-9. You will need passport + 2 copy of pssport + 2 photos + Visa Fee (1700 + Reference fee (Non Thai) 400 + 482 (VFS Service) Baht)

and wait 5 days For Non Thai Nationals on Thai Tourist Visas & Thai Work Permit/ Resident Permit holders for less than 3 years (including day of submission at India Visa Application Centre).

....And Foreign nationals who have 6 months, 1 year, 5 years and 10 years Tourist Visa with stay stipulation of 180 days/90 days with multiple entry facility, there should be a gap of 2 months between two visits to the country.

The Indian Consulate here in Chiang Mai told me last month that there should be a gap of 12 months between visits...can someone confirm which is the correct answer i.e 2 months or 12 months...thanks.

Bucklt :unsure:

reign nationals who have 6 months, 1 year, 5 years and 10 years Tourist Visa with stay stipulation of 180 days/90 days with multiple entry facility, there should be a gap of 2 months between two visits to the country.

The Indian Consulate here in Chiang Mai told me last month that there should be a gap of 12 months between visits...can someone confirm which is the correct answer i.e 2 months or 12 months...thanks.

The gap is 2 months, which is printed on the visa.