Phonecalls From Uk

I am trying to develop a business plan and am looking for assistance in the following query.

I need to be able to create a UK presence even though the business will be ran from thailand, my main area of concern is the telephone calls.

I am wondering if it is possible to create a premium rate no. that can basically

charge a small premium that would cover the costs of a call diversion through

a cheap carrier to thailand ?

And would this be able to done seamlessly so that customers wouldn't detect

a difference ?

Thanks for any help or advice.

It is possible to rovide a premium rate number, e.g. 0845 (in UK) which potentially gives you a revenue share of the call costs and appears as a National Rate Call in the UK. NGNS (Non Geographical Numbering System) call to premium rates (e.g 0900 range) will appear unattractive (and probably unprofessional) to to most bsuiness clients.

I am also looking at a similar issue, i.e. redirection of UK calls to Thailand, for my planned move and the best solution I have found is to use a UK Accommodation Services Company, who can take calls (and mail) in your Company Name, then either forward these on directly or notify you by email etc. of contacts made. This latter option is likely to be significantly cheaper. Costs for such services seem to run from about £50pm plus if you actually have calls redirected you will pick up the call costs too (which are unlikely to be cheap).

Hope this helps.

You probably wont have enough call volume (i.e. lots) for an 0845 to work in terms of yielding return, and it is highly unlikely that the relatively small amount of "profit" you could make from this would make from an 0845 number would go anywhere near the cost of covering forwarding international phone calls. If you are planning to run very large volumes of calls then you can probably afford my consultancy fees and I can give you more details :o

As far as services go, do we what I did, run a Google search for accommodation services in London etc. and you will probably find what you are looking for. You will proabbly find that you will be looking at a recurring monthly fee and call forwarding costs.

Once again the important issue is around call volumes as the higher these are the more negotiating leverage you will enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

Muay, thought of this query again when on a website I use to get phone cards. Was surprised to see they do international call divert from the Uk free of charge (less a £10+VAT recurring monthly fee it seems).

try QXTelecom and look at their international call forwarding options under their business services. I might well pick up this service myself following my relocation to BKK soon.

Hope this helps, sorry it is a bit late though. By the way in calling card terms I think there product and service is very good.

Hi Muay

I read with interest about your telecoms business enterprise from Thailand. I have a website you may be interested in. We offer an IP phone which offers FREE worldwide calls within network, and vastly reduced calls to any phone i.e prepaid phone card rates, but at better quality.

Our company offers you a FREE agency to include your own website. You can simply promote the business on the web or on the ground in Thailand. You will be offering a very high quality product. My wife is Thai and we have two handsets giving us unlimited talk time to the U.K.

Take a look at our site if you have time, regards

nikmcg0

http://shmyl.com/zkr