Farming

moench

i have a quastion

to build a house on my farm land ,i need water and electric first. how i get this permission?

my wife is thai and the land(at sa kaeo) have -schanod red-

thanks to all for give me some advice.

I,m sure others will be along with some good advice. To start go to your local land office as ask them if OK. Wife will have to have her house book registered for the property to get electricity from the power company. Then go to your village head man and ask for permission to build a slit donation will help. At that point go for it. Have power connected well drilled and build your house.

Try building a small brick shed,for the wires to run off the main rd, or off rd,and use as your sourse, we had to do that before they would come and connect and meter it, for our electric pump, for our land,around 4000bt plus cable fittings,etc, get the wife to arrange,

our shed is only 3 mts by 2mts for storage.

good luck

cat

moech

As far as I know from what my missus has explained to me and I certainly must misunderstand sometimes as she regularly says to me, "Don't you listen!"

Anyway I believe before you can get electricity connected you need to have an address. So if you haven't got something such as catwho says then you can't get the electricity. I think at one time she told me something about that you can't get an address until you have a toilet but if catwho got it with just a shed maybe you don't need the toilet.

They probably need an address so they have somewhere to send the bill and because the villages are not set out to some pre-surveyed plan the address comes after the house.

In my missus village I don't know how the postman knows where to go as the numbers are given out in the order the houses are built so maybe it was meant to be that way to reflect the Thai way.

But Gotlost probably gave the best advice get your wife to ask the electricity company what they need you to do.

Cheers

Yes you have to have the house and land book and shed built, before they will put the meter in, not sure which was done first book or shed.we had a local do the work for us, all the electricty people did was connect the meter,

for our 10rai of veggies and they send the bill to us 3/4 of a k away,as they know its our land.

catwho

I've just built a small house on a farm, electric supplied with over 200m of cable and associated posts, no paperwork, just paid for the work (about bt40K) and pay the bills, if we're not in then the bill goes to wife's sister and we eventually repay. No house book, land book or anything else required.

thanks so much for advice

i will go to the water and electric company and tell those people my wish. i hope this not cost me 40 000,-b.

i am lucky for not brake down this old wood house ,wich i get free on my land .this not looks soo good but with some small repare... na ja lets see.

after i get my water and electric , i cane start to plant Oi or Man, and have time to build my house.:D:D:D

post-108598-095601100 1278118539_thumb.j

post-108598-056632800 1278118770_thumb.j

post-108598-038213000 1278118801_thumb.j

...when we had our house built on our farm it cost 9000 baht for a temp meter at the nearest road pole hooked up to 1km of power lines on concrete poles installed separately by builder at a cost of 100+k ..ouch,( NOTE: the KWH rate for a temp meter is double that of a permanent one ...which I found out thx to TV).

No need for any paperwork...forgot to talk with village headman but he didn't seem to mind when we met him later...

When we applied for a permanent meter a year later we got most of the 9000 baht refunded...and the power co put in a new pole on our side of the road without being asked at no cost to us.