Romance Mansion Apartments

The Gentleman Scamp

I lived there for the first half of last year and have some happy memories. :o

There are worse places one could live and it's proximity to Tesco Lotus at BTS On Nut is a blessing, despite having to get a moto there.

I used to drink with the moto's outside romance and one of them had a guitar.

Do any Thai Visa members know of this place or live here themselves?

Given the chance, I would prefer to stay lower soi next time though there may not be a next time.

At 7,000 a month though, it is considerably cheaper than a lower soi residence considering it is a relitavely new building with a very nice reception area.

The reason for this post?

Sentiment.

This time last year etc.. etc...

Given the chance, I would prefer to stay lower soi next time though there may not be a next time.

At 7,000 a month though, it is considerably cheaper than a lower soi residence considering it is a relitavely new building with a very nice reception area.

Sentiment.

Scamp... has this place got an internet room in one corner of the lobby..?

totster :o

I always thought it was just a short time place with a name like that! i go past it on the way to my sports club which is just past Soi 101.

I know quite a few farangs who have lived around the area just past On Nut...they all seemed to like it out there!

Sadly no, you have to walk to the end of soi 97.
I always thought it was just a short time place with a name like that!

I know exactly what you mean, it sounds just like a knocking shop. :o

It's nothing like that though, but I'm curious as to why the Thai's choise ROMANCE as a name for a nice new apartment block.

me staying at 64/1 in bangjak, just opposite the 101 (SARPEDON, can you tell me about your experiences with that sports club ? because I am still considering to become a member there, though i dont know about their rates and what they have to offer, and if they speak english....). I am just 2 km behind ON NUT and the area is convenient indeed....oh and I prefer the CARREFOUR rather than the LOTUS at ON NUT. my Condo building is quite new too (1996) and not too big, just 9 floors and 72 units.....good mix of Thai and Farang tenants, and quiet at night. good view from balcony..... 66 sqm at 10.000 seems to be a good value....and have my UBC and ADSL as well.... but still thinking of buying an old used car as getting around can be a hassle anyway.... a parking space under the roof is waiting for me for free there..... so what....

Gentleman scamp, how many room u had at 7000 Baht a month ? me having 2 sleeping rooms, 2 Bathrooms and living room.....nice tiled floor, very very nice balcony.... and I pay electricity directly. no hidden extra costs from Condo management..... I rented the place from a private owner anyway....

AsiaWolfie...

The sports club is called Piyarom. I pay around 24,000 baht per year for membership. You can get 3 or 5 or lifetime membership deals too which work out cheaper.

Its a great club, the only problem i have with it is that it is far away from where i live and without a car can be a it of a hassle getting there. I joined since my brothers family paid for life membership for him and i joined so we could meet up there and chill out. It also closes fairly early compared to other clubs. Pool closes at 8pm. Ftiness/workout rooms close at 9pm and the sauna/steam room closes at 930pm.

Great facilities though. i think the pool is around 50m. Fantastic fitness facilities (weights machines and free weights), tennis, badminton, squash courts, snooker room. Has a study rroom for the kids and a library to chill out in afterwards reading magazines or the paper. Just outside is a small complex which has bowling, restaurants (Steak Lao, S&P and a great new japanese place and a McDonalds if you so desire!), Thai massage places and there is a tops supermarket too.

Staff are friendly and if you pop in there asking about membership they will show you around and give you all the necessary details.

Sadly no, you have to walk to the end of soi 97.

Ah.. can't be the one I stayed at once then... with a very lovely girl ( but wasn't really) who broke my heart... :o

totster :D

• 4 months later...

Sentiment.

The only problem being up that end of Sukhumvit is that once you get off the On-Nut BTS station, you & everyone else off the train has to battle for a taxi.

Could take a bus of course....

I'd go somewhere within easy walking distance of BTS/MRT.

• 2 weeks later...

Im at Suk 50, right behind Tesco Lotus, walking distance (but not for me) to BTS. Got a great house in a Moo Baan for a bargain price. Newly decorated too.

I generally drive to Tescos and park there, taking the BTS into town.

I know Romance also as i went to look for rooms there a few years ago. It was just completed being built then and they were full already. The rooms did look nice for the price though.

All in all though, i do prefer living where i am to my previous house by emporium. Ive got both expressways on my doorstep right here too.

• 1 year later...

ANY Suggestions besides ROMANCE MANSION on other daily/weekly/monthly inexpensive clean accomodation places on Sukhumvit road near BTS Stations?:(6,000-12,000month depending)

I am a Journalist that regularly covers events throughout Thailand and usually stay at Romance Mansion on soi 97 whenever possible unless my assignment provides a larger than normal per diem since I have learned never to use my out of pocket income to pay for accomodation. I like this place since it is a nice quiet place with security, a friendly front desk, now have room service for food from the small shop downstairs.

The only issues are some of the rooms are a little moldy and the tub/shower areas can be pretty bad, the wallpaper is peeling off in places. The shower water pressure is too low sometimes and the shower pull up from the spigot disengages....as well as the water heating unit does not heat the water well enough in the mix.

The bedsheets and blankets are clean but need to be replaced as they are getting a little old.

It is a very good value for the money, except for the fact that it is a slightly inconvenient distance to the On Nut BTS station to either lug a bag or briefcase out to Sukhumvit road about 1/2 km from the hotel to get a taxi or take a motorbike from there which is not always practical when you are in business attire or need not to look like you've just hiked through a jungle.

If you do walk all the way out to Sukhumvit road you may as well save your baht and wait for either the free BTS Bus or an 8 baht blue or red bus to the BTS station.

Please let me know of any places that are woth checking out. Please provide address, phone number, email address and webpage if possible. Email me at [email protected]

has anyone got the phone no. and address for this place??????

Well Keeni,

don't spose you can guess who this is??? you should know the address! but i'll refresh your memory. By the way admin this is no advert.

Romance mansion 1

99/9 sukumvit 97

Banjark, Prakhanong

Bangkok

Sounds nice, happen to know if they have much in the way of vacancy?

me staying at 64/1 in bangjak, just opposite the 101 (SARPEDON, can you tell me about your experiences with that sports club ? because I am still considering to become a member there, though i dont know about their rates and what they have to offer, and if they speak english....). I am just 2 km behind ON NUT and the area is convenient indeed....oh and I prefer the CARREFOUR rather than the LOTUS at ON NUT. my Condo building is quite new too (1996) and not too big, just 9 floors and 72 units.....good mix of Thai and Farang tenants, and quiet at night. good view from balcony..... 66 sqm at 10.000 seems to be a good value....and have my UBC and ADSL as well.... but still thinking of buying an old used car as getting around can be a hassle anyway.... a parking space under the roof is waiting for me for free there..... so what....

Gentleman scamp, how many room u had at 7000 Baht a month ? me having 2 sleeping rooms, 2 Bathrooms and living room.....nice tiled floor, very very nice balcony.... and I pay electricity directly. no hidden extra costs from Condo management..... I rented the place from a private owner anyway....

I was in there for a couple on month while waiting for a new job....it was the best value for money I could find, and very convenient located as it is near by the Sukumvit 62 freeway exit/entry.

I decided to buy my on mattress and bed stuff, which I gave away after I left 3 month later (so it cost me double, but yet was ok for me at the time).

I have also use the Romance in Sinakarin, next to the Novotel Hotel, is new and much more comfortable.... for any purpose...but this is better if you drive.

• 3 years later...