A Good Laundry Service

chiangmaiman99

Hi -

I've been trying to find a "quality laundry service in CM for some time now. My clothes range from casual to formal-casual. I have tried a number of places in and outside of the city and my clothes regularly come back either covered with lint, stained (bleached),not smelling fresh or they feel hard as rock (not from starch).

Typically, my laundry only has a few items that require ironing.

If you've had a positive long-term experience with a laundry service I would appreciate your recommendations.

Thank you

Would like to know too chiangmaiman, so hoping you will get some replies.

I was using a laundry for some time, and although not great, not bad either. However, they must have changed the person ironing, because some of my whites started coming back with iron stains on them. I ended up having to bleach and scrub out the stains on them then rewash and iron them. I put it down to being a one off..and so tried again (as i had used them a long time), but again, a few whites came back with stains from an overly hot iron. I decided I didnt want to risk it again so have been doing my own laundry.

I could have told the laundry, but to be honest it wasnt that great to begin with, just convenient. So recommendations for a laundry that does a great job (separates whites from colours when washing as well as can iron well) would be great.

Call me lazy for going to a laundry, but it sure is one of those things in life that are a bane. Life is too short for ironing!

I know of two laundry services that use real, heated dryers, which makes for nice fluffy towels. One is Washy Mashy on Huey Kaew, on the same side as KSK, but several hundred meters toward CMU. The other is on Chang Moi, on the north side of the road about just a bit east of Wat Nong Kham. I don't know the name of that place. Both these places are good for towels and sheets, but I wouldn't have them do the rest of the laundry -- they don't iron.

Like the OP and Eek, I haven't really found a laundry service that performs to my satisfation. So, I when we moved to a place with a cute little 6.6 kg LG clothes washing machine, to decide to make "textile care" a hobby. I download NPR shows to my MP3 player to listen while I iron.

The one I've been using on Soi 5 Nimman seems pretty good, no complaints 10 washes later. 30 THB/kilo, just picked up 7kg from them last night. They are also really nice. Once my boyfriend turned up forgetting his wallet and they told him not to worry, that he could take the laundry and come back and pay later (which, of course, he did).

• 1 month later...

Bump!

I, too, am looking for good laundry service. I've been using a place for a few months which is quite convenient to me and has good prices, but I have 2 (actually now 3) nitpicks:

1. They won't wash my undergarments due to their religion (I've never heard of this before).

2. I had them iron a couple of shirts once, and now I could swear they purposely wrinkle ALL of my potentially wrinkle-able items to get me to pay more.

3. After a discussion on a different thread about stinky towels, I have concluded that they don't wash my towels and linens in hot water. Ewww.

This Washy Mashy place recommended by NancyL sounds good for all but my iron-requiring items, and is reasonably close to me. But it would be nice to find an all-in-one laundry service that is good at everything! And unfortunately, do-it-myself is not a feasible option, at least not for everything. I don't have a washing machine at my rental house, and I wash some items by hand, but with me and my sweaty, chalky, muddy rockclimbing clothes, and my 2 dogs and their fur and their muddy paws, I'd have to quit my job to have enough time to wash all that laundry...eeeesh.

Anyway, all helpful suggestions are appreciated. Thanks! :)

• Like 1

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun ChiangMaiMan99,

About four years ago, while living much closer to the Night Bazaar than we do now, we used a laundry service named "Grace Laundry" which was very close to Dr. Tawatchai's Clinic at 622 Loy Kroh: it's "into" the soi (you would be walking south) that runs into Loy Kroh where the clinic is, just maybe 15 meters.

Don't know if they are still there, but they gave great service, including ironing, for 30 baht per kg. fyi: Grace was run by a Thai Christian family, although our laundry is completely ecumenical, and we could care less about the religion of who does it.

We're now more in the area kind of "between" the Railway Station and the Gymkhana Club area, and have some very nice people near where we live who live do immaculate work, but they are much more expensive; they work by the piece, not the kg., but they are worth it.

best, ~o:37;

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun ChiangMaiMan99,

About four years ago, while living much closer to the Night Bazaar than we do now, we used a laundry service named "Grace Laundry" which was very close to Dr. Tawatchai's Clinic at 622 Loy Kroh: it's "into" the soi (you would be walking south) that runs into Loy Kroh where the clinic is, just maybe 15 meters.

Don't know if they are still there, but they gave great service, including ironing, for 30 baht per kg. fyi: Grace was run by a Thai Christian family, although our laundry is completely ecumenical, and we could care less about the religion of who does it.

We're now more in the area kind of "between" the Railway Station and the Gymkhana Club area, and have some very nice people near where we live who live do immaculate work, but they are much more expensive; they work by the piece, not the kg., but they are worth it.

best, ~o:37;

This would suit me, are you able to say exactly where they are? :jap: