700 Year Pool - Board Shorts Allowed?

sudo

Im not a huge fan of wearing just speedos. Just wondering if board shorts are allowed at the 700 year stadium? I noticed they have a sign saying swimming costumes only. Not sure what that means in thailand. Anyone know?

In Thailand, people like to go swimming in their street clothes, so the sign should be interpreted as ' anything swimmable that you won't wear to work'. :)

• 3 weeks later...

No problem with board shorts at 700 year. Chiang Mai Land pool is another story, only tight Speedos allowed there.

Not true...been there a few times in my basketballshorts...no problem!

Basketball shorts 1972 style or 2002 style? There is a huge difference...

CB

No problem with board shorts at 700 year. Chiang Mai Land pool is another story, only tight Speedos allowed there.

CB

Yes, there is. A mega differnece.

Does anyone have the answer to my original question, which is 'what are budgie smugglers', and has this anything to do with 'only tight speedo's allowed there?'

Edited by Nuff Said

CB

1972 i wasnt even born or in the making! ;-)

2010 Nike Basketballshorts!

Thanks. I don't know how I managed to get through life without knowing!

Australia is full of interesting cultural items. In fact in the current election campaign Liberal leader, and candidate for PM, Tony Abbott is well known for his "budgie smugglers" when he competes in triathalons. Not sure I would want a live budgie down there myself and not sure wheter female voters are that impressed.

Australia is full of interesting cultural items. In fact in the current election campaign Liberal leader, and candidate for PM, Tony Abbott is well known for his "budgie smugglers" when he competes in triathalons. Not sure I would want a live budgie down there myself and not sure wheter female voters are that impressed.

The man himself.................tony-abbot.jpg

The lady on the right looks like she finds it quite amusing, but whether she's impressed is probably debatable.

The man himself.................tony-abbot.jpg