Modern Radio - Chiang Mai

Gladiator

I realize that most folk have their own preference for music and their own chosen medium to listen at home - be it CD, vynal, MP3 or Internet streaming. Still this may be of interest to some.

Modern Chiang Mai Radio - 100.75 MHZ play a wide selection and variery of English language music and songs throughout the day. It seems to be more 50's/60's orientated after 0800. In the afternoon, depending on the day, it becomes more modern. Its good enjoyable background music.

I realize that most folk have their own preference for music and their own chosen medium to listen at home - be it CD, vynal, MP3 or Internet streaming. Still this may be of interest to some.

Modern Chiang Mai Radio - 100.75 MHZ play a wide selection and variery of English language music and songs throughout the day. It seems to be more 50's/60's orientated after 0800. In the afternoon, depending on the day, it becomes more modern. Its good enjoyable background music.

http://www.mcotcm.com/listenlive/morning.php

• Like 1

i listen to Modern Radio most days whilst on the computer. Its relaxing and enjoyable and even some of the Thai music is not bad

• Like 1

Thanks to both of you for your replies, and the website to provide on-line listening.

Now just have to find a way to get the radio in my pick-up yo receive the signal.

50s and 60s?

Sounds real "Modern"

Sorry..just being a smart arse.

What part of Chiang Mai? As we know, transmitting limitations limit the Radio Station to be heard for approximately 15 kilometers.

50s and 60s?

Sounds real "Modern"

Sorry..just being a smart arse.

Not sure if you 'read' my post correctly, or perhaps I did not express myself well.

Usually in the mornings after 0800, more music is played from around the 50's/60's. In the afternoon the selection bcomes much more up-to-date, with more recent music.

In any event - do you have a problem with music from the 50's/60's? For many of us (look at the poll in the posting 'How Old Are We', it may be nostalgic music that we grew up on. For others, who may be Jazz or Big Band fans - it is right up their street.

Something to think about.

Edited by Gladiator

What part of Chiang Mai? As we know, transmitting limitations limit the Radio Station to be heard for approximately 15 kilometers.

I receive the signal, good quality, on an old 'twist the button to find the signal' radio in Nam Phrae, Hang Dong - some 18 kilometres from Chiang Mai. I don't know why but the scanner on my 'more up-to-date car' radio, will not lock on.

Yes, I am on the North side of Chiang Mai city, near Rimping, and I can not get it.. :(

I guess the only recourse is to try Rodcourts suggested website of : http://www.mcotcm.co...ive/morning.php

Which will allow online listening.

When I click on the link, my anti-virus issues a warning that this site has been reported as an "attack site" and may cause damage to your computer. Use caution...............

Yes, I am on the North side of Chiang Mai city, near Rimping, and I can not get it.. :(

I guess the only recourse is to try Rodcourts suggested website of : http://www.mcotcm.co...ive/morning.php

Which will allow online listening.

When I click on the link, my anti-virus issues a warning that this site has been reported as an "attack site" and may cause damage to your computer. Use caution...............

Thanks for the 'heads-up' My own 'Avast' anti-virus - does not show that... but its always the long shots that catch you out

I listen to it sometimes while in the car. In fact I was able to pick up the signal just fine yesterday as far away as Mae Taeng.

Weird, that you can receive the signal in your car and I cannot -

I can receive the signal on an old dial radio, but LJW cannot in North Chiang Mai.

I wonder where the transmitter is.

Many thinks to OP!

3 kms south of Meijo, I get a very good signal with only an indoor antenna (slightly disturbed by my relationship to it).

During an off and on rainy period (which we all know is much needed), I found myself IRONING instead of riding on my new motorcycle. I hate ironing and so does my weekly cleaning crew - even more apparently.

BIG BONUS - I cannot understand the ads and blather.

Now I'm done for the week and whistling (which I have yet to hear out-of-doors in Thailand, nor singing very often, and only kids at the mall even break into a dance step). I figure that political difficulties will wither away, like a Communist government, when everyone gets behind music.