Worthwhile Using A Broker To Find Invetstor/Partner For New Business Concept?

I am currently working on a business plan for a company I will be starting in the not too distant future. My original plan was to tackle this all by myself but the more i research the more i'm thinking it would be beneficial to have a partner. Would be looking for someone who preferably has business experience and or marketing sales/experience. The nature of this business would allow for this person to work part time/after hours if required. I will be more than willing to handle all day to day running. I've run a couple of businesses in Australia so this will not be a problem.

I don't want to give too much away but the concept is a broad marketing business which will cater for local businesses. They will be able to cut their advertising costs as our service will be free of charge. Money will be made eleswhere. Tourists and expats will be the main target demographic however this will also benefit local Thais.

I took the concept to the BOI and dept of commerce and both agencies were very impressed with the idea and were adament that there is no existing company in BKK doing this. Atleast not on the scale that my company will be doing it.

Startup costs will be low except for the capital needed to start the company. Running costs/overheads will be almost non existant except for salaries for a couple of Thais, printing and a few other minor things. The business will be started out of a home office and will expand into office premises when we are ready. This should ensure that the company is profitable and even making money in the early days.

Basically what I am wanting to know about is if anyone has had experience with using a broker for this sort of thing? Obviously they will need to be paid but is the effort it will save worth the coin? I'm open to an investor/silent partner but would much prefer someone that is able to contribute more than just financially. Also, I'm guessing that the brokers will be able to look at the plan and have a good understanding as to what sort of investment would be reasonable.

I know I have been a bit vague with all of this but obviously don't want to devulge too much.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I am sorry, but first you start by stating that you are just looking for a local partner to handle couple of responsibilities and that the cost will be very low, almost non-existent... but you finish by saying you are looking for a partner to actually invest in your business idea ?And for such a low cost venture (stated by you) why would a broker be required ?Best of luck!

I am sorry, but first you start by stating that you are just looking for a local partner to handle couple of responsibilities and that the cost will be very low, almost non-existent... but you finish by saying you are looking for a partner to actually invest in your business idea ?And for such a low cost venture (stated by you) why would a broker be required ?Best of luck!

Handle a couple of responsibilities? I'm looking for someone who preferabely has business experience in Thailand and or a sales/marketing background. Investment is the secondary consideration. Strong knowledge and input is what I would be seeking. And yes, I would be prepared to give up a portion of the business for a relatively small investment if i believed that the investor/partner would be a great benefit to the ultimate success of the business. Saying that the parter can work part time or after hours does not mean I am looking for someone to "handle a couple of responsibilities". I would be more than happy to have a someone commit themselves full time to the venture if that is what they wanted to do.

As for the question re the broker,I think you will find that this is what I am inquiring about. Would it be worthwhile or is it something I could handle myself. This is why I asked for advice from those with experience using brokers. Canyou offer me any personal experience? It would be appreciated if you could.

It depends on the market you cater to. For me, I think to know what you're up too and would not considering a brokerage firm. All what is needed are a few enthusiastic individuals to get it going. Usually you will meet a lot of resistance at the beginning and that you will find the market elsewhere at the beginning. Nevertheless, if it is what I think you're planning there will be other issues more burning than the market itself.

You can PM me if you want to discuss this further.

Well if you need to know my experience using brokers, i have had some, mostly been approached by brokers who had clients wanting to make some kind of business. It never worked. Not one time....

Making business it's always better to find someone threw connections of your own and not hire a broker for a commission or worst for a payment.