Wich Gym Do You Go To In And Arround Central Bkk ?

AAACEEE

just moved here and looking for a good gym... cali wow on esplanade and asoke gave me a hard time for a month membership so i'm looking for something else cause i cant stand that BS... i have trained at the JW marriot and Amari watergate both where ok but expensive... arround 4k 5k a month but do have allot off facilities but a little too exp ! it seems hotels have good gyms too

-how much do you pay ?

-is it big? (free weights)

-easy acces

-what kind of facilities (swimming?)

ACE

just moved here and looking for a good gym... cali wow on esplanade and asoke gave me a hard time for a month membership so i'm looking for something else cause i cant stand that BS... i have trained at the JW marriot and Amari watergate both where ok but expensive... arround 4k 5k a month but do have allot off facilities but a little too exp ! it seems hotels have good gyms too

-how much do you pay ?

-is it big? (free weights)

-easy acces

-what kind of facilities (swimming?)

ACE

I have been a member of WoW California and Fitness First (Current). I personally prefer FItness First, although it is a bit more expensive I believe the quality of their gyms are much better. Paying 2000 or so baht a month right now on 6 months contract, multiple gym access (Not the platinum ones though) the longer the contract the cheaper it gets.

I find the fitness first gyms a tad more spacious and without the loud techno music that California likes to blast.

Both gyms have locations in and around town, see their websites for locations.

Both gyms have a swimming pool in SOME LOCATIONS. If I remember correctly California has a pool on the Pinklao branch and Fitness First at Q House.

As for free weights, both gyms are adequately equipped with benches, free weights, and some branches squat racks. The only thing California has going for them are the classes that supposedly are better (Never joined them before).

Fitness First

+More Spacious

+Free Tea / Coffee / Soft Drinks (I know)

+Newspapers / Magazines in English / Thai to read.

+Cleaner Bathrooms and Locker Rooms

California

+Cheaper (I've gotten rates of 600 Baht a month, 10000Lifetime a year ago)

+Younger Crowd

thnx for the reply!!

ive been at Fitness 1st in early sukh. dam_n forgot the name off the hotel.. looked nice and was willing to give me a month for 3k.. I am considering that just to try

but monthly rates for 600 ?? wow ! i think i can forget about that now!! and for a lifetime i just want to try the gym for a month or so.. but still 10k i think is hard to come by now but i would consider that 2

keep em coming please !

rolleyes.gif

thnx for the reply!!

ive been at Fitness 1st in early sukh. dam_n forgot the name off the hotel.. looked nice and was willing to give me a month for 3k.. I am considering that just to try

but monthly rates for 600 ?? wow ! i think i can forget about that now!! and for a lifetime i just want to try the gym for a month or so.. but still 10k i think is hard to come by now but i would consider that 2

keep em coming please !

rolleyes.gif

I believe California has stopped pushing their "Lifetime" memberships now, most of my friends are paying around 600-800 Baht per month for California Memberships.

3,000 For 1 month? Seems a bit steep, try to haggle all the newcomer fees, I managed to avoid the Administration Charges and First Time Member fees which came to be about 1900 baht.

You can try looking at True Fitness, they have a somewhat large presence here too, although I have never tried working out there.

Go to the condo complex on soi 30/1 (Waterford Diamond Tower) ... there is a very good gym in there called Balance Health club ... its not busy has a pool jacuzzi and a very good selection of weights all for 1500 a month with no contract, no annoying sales people or fitness instructors ... far better all round then those gyms youve mentioned.

can be viewed here

Edited by hansum

thnx for the reply!!

keep em coming please !

rolleyes.gif

I believe California has stopped pushing their "Lifetime" memberships now, most of my friends are paying around 600-800 Baht per month for California Memberships.

3,000 For 1 month? Seems a bit steep, try to haggle all the newcomer fees, I managed to avoid the Administration Charges and First Time Member fees which came to be about 1900 baht.

You can try looking at True Fitness, they have a somewhat large presence here too, although I have never tried working out there.

600-800 baht?? for just one month membership at cali wow? so not signing for a year ? seems impossible..

Go to the condo complex on soi 30/1 (Waterford Diamond Tower) ... there is a very good gym in there called Balance Health club ... its not busy has a pool jacuzzi and a very good selection of weights all for 1500 a month with no contract, no annoying sales people or fitness instructors ... far better all round then those gyms youve mentioned.

can be viewed here

I second this place. I was astounded when I looked in....the sheer choice of weights machines is brilliant, no other place compares. Modern and clean too. If you want atmosphere go to one of the big chains, but if you're really into your weights you need to at least look at this gym.

thnx for the reply!!

keep em coming please !

rolleyes.gif

600-800 baht?? for just one month membership at cali wow? so not signing for a year ? seems impossible..

Cali Wow is the biggest double pricing rip off.

7 years ago i was with them paying 1800 per month, brought a friend who got same membership for 1300 per month-i got nothing

then brought my TG to join, she got it for 1000 per month again i got nothing.

My membership expired and i was offered new one for 1700 baht per month while the promotion at the time was 500 per month.

Did write to GM and CEO, 7 years later still waiting for a response.

can be viewed here

I second this place. I was astounded when I looked in....the sheer choice of weights machines is brilliant, no other place compares. Modern and clean too. If you want atmosphere go to one of the big chains, but if you're really into your weights you need to at least look at this gym.

I have used here also. Very good gym. I paid Bt 2,700 for 3 months membership and they quoted Bt 7k-ish for 1 year.

I have been using the gym in my building recently, but I have now ran out of weight, so considering going back here.

Has anyone used the Powerzone gym at Prachasongkro 23? The Thai bodybuilding team train there and the owner is a 2 times IFBB world champ, so I guess its decent :)

Bought a life membership for california wow. Can go to any gym in Bangkok pattaya and Chiang Mai for 10 000 Bath life member.

Renewal fee is 100 bath a year...

I took it 6 months ago, I am not sure if they still have that promotion but worth to check it.

Just saw today that True Fitness has a 999 Baht per 10 Gym Sessions promotion going on this month. I might be trying it to see if it's any better than the other two larger gym chains in Bangkok.

Before you bou the 10, ask them that you want to try before you buy 1 year. They give free visits, when i joined i got 2 days free, one of my mates got 5 days free.

I use the racquet club..

http://rqclub.com/pricing.htm

it's more expensive and the locker room isn't quite as neet(correction-the locker room sucks-and it's not even airconditioned-at least you don't have to worry about using the sauna-the locker room is sauna enough for me) but Tennis, badmitton, raquetball, basketball, pool, rockclimbing!.. some of those other clubs like california wow are soo boring!! and they're often crowded with crappy loud music fk that sht..id rather pay more and have something to do other than weight training and a treadmill(oh yea, lets not forget "Yoga", GimmeaFB)..id rather just use the lousy weightroom that comes with my condo than those places..

Edited by pkspeaker