Road Surveyance

BBbUn

I'm trying to find out which roads are slowest and busiest during rush hour here, or any hour in general.

Does anyone know if an authority here keeps traffic figures or does a survey now and then?

If not I would appreciate anyone chiming in with their opinion anyway.

I think I'd give HWY 1317 east of the ring roads as the "most dangerous" award. Seems every time I drive a car or motorcycle on it I have to swerve to avoid a head-on collision. It's the type of road that really makes you appreciate life, once you are safely at your destination that is.

There are a couple.. Near the main schools when those are out is usually very busy. Chang Klan road Southbound for example. And Rincome Intersection (Huay Kaew & Superhighway). And Chotana Road at Khuang Singh intersection with the Superhighway. Airport Plaza on weekends.. The Big Market (Kad Luang) pretty much 24/7.

Usually you can avoid the hot spots with some intelligent planning, unless you actually need to take kids to/from schools that are in a congested area.

Interestingly enough, the inside of the moat in the old town is congestion-free.

• Like 1

I find Suthep Road west from Suan Dok Gate busy all the time, both directions, because of the hospital traffic and pedestrians crossing all day long.

Winnie's Huay Kaew Rincome Junction gets my vote for an all-way bother and maybe the longest delays - that is, Nimmanhamin too, northbound - classic rush hour tie-up.

I have a personal grudge (sometimes must go that way) about San Kamphaeng inbound from the Superhighway in the mornings because folks, particularly above the RR station, either park or stand where it is supposed to be forbidden, leaving us all one lane only. Thereafter, though, and into town, it's better.

And anyone here will soon learn the usual moat bottlenecks and slow-points, though Tha Phae Gate away from weekends has been amazingly passable, and Loi Kroh almost been a kids' raceway. Sad to see, good to drive.

Yeah, there are lovely homes INSIDE the moat, quiet, leafy. Trying to figure out how to inherit. Having no luck.

• Like 1

Yeah, there are lovely homes INSIDE the moat, quiet, leafy. Trying to figure out how to inherit.

:thumbsup: Excellent idea. But yeah, tough (but not impossible) to find something there. Availability is the bigger issue than price; some parts of town would be more expensive even. So with determination, who knows. Find an old wooden house on a big enough plot and see if it can be purchased. Then renovate, or knock down and rebuild something.

(Cue: The FarangsCan'tOwnLand-Squad; you're up.) ;)

Also very nice (but exepnsive): Way down Suthep Road and into the sois to the South. There's a natural limit to the maximum possible amount of traffic there because Suthep Rd ends in a dead-end at the mountain / Galare restaurant. And Ton Payom market intersection is usually not too bad.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1