"Paradise Park" Shopping Mall Any Update . . .

naidraw66

I assume you mean the place in Pattanakarn Road - the old Seri Center?

Yes it's open already but not all the shops are fitted out yet.

Very nice renovation, lot's of IT and Camera Shops on the 2nd Floor and several good restaurants on the 3rd including a branch of Hua Seng Hong, a very good Chinese Restaurant.

First Floor is mainly Fashion - some expensive looking shops, and a Gap outlet is sheduled to open soon.

The Ground Floor has the same layout and Stallholders as the old Seri Market, plus, at the other end of the building there is a very large Villa Market.

Patrick

I took a look around there yesterday - it's a nice center with a lot of work still to be done.

I found it hard to find the entrance to the place as the main entrances are still a work-in-progress but eventually followed a few other people in through the car park.

The Villa is massive. It also looks like they have a number of new concepts in there like a Cider Bar (which I am told are very popular in Japan). They also have a bigger selection of goods across all parts of the store which makes it really interesting just to stroll around and have a browse.

Partially open. As above, entrance is through the back/parking ramp. Cinema and 5th floor still under renovation. The basement food stalls open and a lot of the old Seri Center vendors are back here. Looks a lot more upscale compared to the seri.

Went there last weekend with the family. Very nice inside, good selection of shops and good food hall downstairs along with the food market like the old Seri. Nightmare driving out the car park though. We were only 1 floor above the entrance/exit and it took 45 minutes to get out. <br>

I assume you mean the place in Pattanakarn Road - the old Seri Center?

Yes it's open already but not all the shops are fitted out yet.

Very nice renovation, lot's of IT and Camera Shops on the 2nd Floor and several good restaurants on the 3rd including a branch of Hua Seng Hong, a very good Chinese Restaurant.

First Floor is mainly Fashion - some expensive looking shops, and a Gap outlet is sheduled to open soon.

The Ground Floor has the same layout and Stallholders as the old Seri Market, plus, at the other end of the building there is a very large Villa Market.

Patrick

I wonder if it was just me, but did you notice the BIG sign and the spelling of Entertainment zone!!! I think they spelt it Edutainment Zone. Or maybe it's another strange word...

Edited by giztate

I wonder if it was just me, but did you notice the BIG sign and the spelling of Entertainment zone!!! I think they spelt it Edutainment Zone. Or maybe it's another strange word...

That's a combination of education and entertainment; I think the same company owns/operates Paragon and Esplanade, and they use "Edutainment" at those properties as well. I guess "Entercation" sounded like a fun vacation?

FWIW, it looks like 5 screens are operating at Paradise Park, at least according to the Major website. I assume they are more than 5 screens but maybe the others are not finished yet?

Edited by lomatopo

paradise i went to yesterday, still 40% unfinished, the cinema is open for those that asked earlier, and i haveto say as a shopping centre for me better than paragon, some of the seating arrangements in the isles are just superb and the quality of shops is good, just needs to be fully finished as even the air quality inside the building is still poor right now

• 1 month later...

Hi, do you know any cheap hotel or room in apartment building available near this ancient Seri center and new Paradise park ?

Thanks.

Opposite Seri Centre there are several apartment buildings (high rises) that you can walk around - nearly all Thai there, cheap, very busy sois but apparently not too safe either.

I love Paradise Park - great layout, good shops, brilliant foodcourt on ground floor and Villa is superb (loads of things to try and a selection of unusual coffee shops). But too much middle class eye candy for men over 25, so best to stay away.

what time does the Villa Market open/close?

10 to 10

The place is mobbed & 100 % finished.

If you live here on the East side it's great. Easier to walk than Seacon.

Now owned by the same folks as MBK - much more upscale & more expensive than before.

i was really disappointed with the new villa store in paradise, having looked forward to checking it out for quite some time. i suppose its all about what you go there for, but i just found it a total waste of space considering how large it is compared to the other store on sukumvit 33 and what they stocked. not much in the way of frozen items, especially in the fact that they didnt even have any stock of the aussie pies that i usually buy and no sausages too ! no pate or smoked salmon on sale and the bacon selection was pretty naff and to cap it all off, no rack s of lamb or baby back strips of pork ribs. which is a bit of a bummer really because its such a convenient place to get to in respect to where i live.

thank god bunters foods is still going even though sadly howard has passed away.

as for the rest of paradise, i thought it was well laid out. the food court on the ground floor is worth a look and so is the upper floors where all the restaurants are. especially the little place that was doing a roaring trade at 3.30 in the afternoon, selling khanom geen and thai dessert for all you could eat for 68 baht.

Edited by tigerfish

i was really disappointed with the new villa store in paradise, having looked forward to checking it out for quite some time. i suppose its all about what you go there for, but i just found it a total waste of space considering how large it is compared to the other store on sukumvit 33 and what they stocked. not much in the way of frozen items, especially in the fact that they didnt even have any stock of the aussie pies that i usually buy and no sausages too ! no pate or smoked salmon on sale and the bacon selection was pretty naff and to cap it all off, no rack s of lamb or baby back strips of pork ribs. which is a bit of a bummer really because its such a convenient place to get to in respect to where i live.

thank god bunters foods is still going even though sadly howard has passed away.

as for the rest of paradise, i thought it was well laid out. the food court on the ground floor is worth a look and so is the upper floors where all the restaurants are. especially the little place that was doing a roaring trade at 3.30 in the afternoon, selling khanom geen and thai dessert for all you could eat for 68 baht.

You need to look around the place more carefully!

There are loads of sausages - including one display freezer of sausages and cold cuts, bread etc. from Bei Otto.

Rack, Shoulder and Legs of Lamb - and Lamb Chops - are there in abundance, lots of beef and other meats - fresh or frozen, even very expensive Kobe Beef, and an extensive collection of cheeses.

Smoked Salmon and fresh in the large Fish section.

OK, I have not seen Lady Pie there but Bunters is way better - and cheaper - anyway.

Patrick

The Villa's the biggest plus point about Paradise Park, and it's good to have a branch in the area at last. Other than that, a fairly standard shopping mall without any redeeming features, the usual chain restaurants, etc. No real reason to go other than for Villa.