Blind Spot In My Left Eye!

thomo

This is quite worrying.

For the last 30 mins I've a big blind spot in my left eye. If I look straight into the mirror, I cannot see my left eye. It's like I looked into a bright light or something. And it's all blurry, like there's heat gases or something in front of it. I do spend a lot of time looking straight into my laptop, and have done so for most of the day, but have never had anything like this before... ever.

I'm 30 btw.

And quite scared by it.

Anyone ever experience this before??

Interesting, thanks very much.

I'm 30 and have never had any sort of medical problem. Got a full check up a few months ago upon turning 30, and everything came up normal.

I put it down to staring at a computer screen in bad light for too long. Perhaps there's more too it.

Am bloody relieved that it's back to normal though.

Interesting, thanks very much.

I'm 30 and have never had any sort of medical problem. Got a full check up a few months ago upon turning 30, and everything came up normal.

I put it down to staring at a computer screen in bad light for too long. Perhaps there's more too it.

Am bloody relieved that it's back to normal though.

Nobody or nothing on this forum is a proven medical doctor and can give you 100% correct advise or a cure. GET YOUR ARSE TO THE HOSPITAL.

It could be the result of too much smiling from riding your CBR-150...... Seriously though, if it reoccurs, get it checked out. I've never heard of "blind spots" from too much computer use, but that is indeed a symptom some have from migraine headaches. I agree with gotlost too that internet forums are the last place to get advice on medical stuff unless it is merely an annoyance.

Sometimes I get a get a halo like bright spot in my field of vision and I have trouble seeing the writing on the screen.

When I close my eyes I can still see it but it eventually expands and disappears after an hour or so.

Please tell me I'm not going to die.

At least not before my money runs out. :D

Sometimes I get a get a halo like bright spot in my field of vision and I have trouble seeing the writing on the screen.

When I close my eyes I can still see it but it eventually expands and disappears after an hour or so.

Please tell me I'm not going to die.

At least not before my money runs out. :D

You're not going to die. As bunple mentioned, you're more than likely suffering the aura which usually accompanies a violent headache for those who suffer from full blown migraine. I get it occasionally too and it takes the form of a flickering zig-zag in my peripheral vision. I can see it even when I close my eyes and it will gradually grow larger until I can no longer see what's immediately in front of me.

Fortunately for me, the headaches fail to materialize and provided I just go and lie down in a dark room, it will resolve itself in about 20 minutes.

Nothing to worry about in any event.