Have Smoke Problem In Condo - Help Pls With Ideal Solution?

I have a cigarette smoke problem in my condo. 2 hrs ago I started searching Google and ThaiVisa threads looking for a Dehumidifier thinking that was the machine to deal with the smoke. I've learned a lot since then - and what I've learned is that I have no clue - someone pls just tell me what the best option is [aside from quitting smoking] to clear my condo of smoke ermm.gif

I mean, do I need an Air Purifier, a Dehumidifier, Ionizer, Smoke Absorber etc ? Something else altogether?

Concerns:

- heavy duty machine required, I think

- would be ideal if was combined with dehumidifier - is that even possible?

- needs to be fairly quiet when in operation

- needs to be available for purchase in or delivery to Bangkok

- replacement filters must be readily available

- price is not really a concern, more interested in value for money

Should I have any other concerns not mentioned above?

I would be indebted to an expert on the subject who generously proffered their expertise / advice, or even if there is someone like me who knows little but perhaps has purchased one that works great and can recommend it?

Please help!

* Also my landlord is coming tomorrow and although I cannot detect anything myself, I'm CERTAIN my condo reeks of cigarette smoke. Any advice for dealing with this mild emergency - removing the smell, even if only for a few hours, will be a lifesaver - I'm *fairly* certain I am not supposed to be smoking, I would look at the lease agreement but I'm afraid of what I might find whistling.gif

Disinfectant spray would likely be the best oder removal - or replace with garlands.

Obviously not smoking would be the best long term solution but failing that a HEPA type filter combined with an ION generator would likely help (but as stopped the smoking 25 years ago can not offer current information). Samsung makes a wall unit that has been on sale for several years and filters have been available from Home Pro and others. ION generators alone make a huge mess as all the dirt then sticks to the walls and furnishings so you really need air flow/filter.

• Like 1

Disinfectant spray would likely be the best oder removal - or replace with garlands.

Obviously not smoking would be the best long term solution but failing that a HEPA type filter combined with an ION generator would likely help (but as stopped the smoking 25 years ago can not offer current information). Samsung makes a wall unit that has been on sale for several years and filters have been available from Home Pro and others. ION generators alone make a huge mess as all the dirt then sticks to the walls and furnishings so you really need air flow/filter.

Potential lifesaving timing ty ty.

T-2:39:00 - rushing out to buy disinfectant spray and god know where I'd find garlands but I might get lucky...cool.gif I'll worry about more long-term solutions later.

fwiw I was aware of the "no smoking" clause in the lease, which I signed whilst I had quit smoking. Unfortunately, ToT-related non-functioning internet stress proved too powerful for my non-existent willpower and I crumbled early. Obviously will pay a small fortune when I leave like I did last year to fully atone for my wrongdoing, but I want to pay that small fortune like next year as I love my condo - not pay it....today...upon notice of eviction sigh.

Hahaha funny story - keep us updated after the landlord visits.

Do you not have any windows in your condo? Seriously, I don't mean to be patronising but when I smoke at home, all the doors and windows are open (it's a house - so just windows in your case). All my friends who come to visit are convinced I don't smoke in the house as there is never a residual odour.

Do you not have any windows in your condo? Seriously, I don't mean to be patronising but when I smoke at home, all the doors and windows are open (it's a house - so just windows in your case). All my friends who come to visit are convinced I don't smoke in the house as there is never a residual odour.

It is impossible to patronise me because I'm literally that retarded sometimes it's helpful advice rather than patronising lolz. I did 'click' to opening up all the windows this morning and facepalmed myself for not thinking of that obvious partial solution sooner. This will be an adventure as like - with always - I leave things until they're emergencies rather than mere issues FML

Just compiling a list of other Google suggestions like scented candles and whatnot. It's gonna be obvious but if I can fabricate plausible deniability [oh my g/f smoked without realising etc, giggle] I think I can pull it off...deep breaths...

• Like 1

relieved_man_yx5f.jpg

Thanks to everyone that helped, I either passed the test with flying colours or he was a spectacular actor at pretending he didn't notice. Which - quite frankly for me - amounts to the same thing! :glory

Now I just need to sort out the smoke clouds from my relieved chain-smoking so I can see my monitor....

You fret that much about a stale odour and incurring the rath of your landlord, it's not hard to see why kicking the habit proved difficult. ;)

Chill man and have another ciggie. :D

If you haven't trashed the place and you are paying the bills on time, you are a dream tenant.

P.S. So why is it they call you scooter?

Edited by rixalex

relieved_man_yx5f.jpg

Thanks to everyone that helped, I either passed the test with flying colours or he was a spectacular actor at pretending he didn't notice. Which - quite frankly for me - amounts to the same thing! :glory

Now I just need to sort out the smoke clouds from my relieved chain-smoking so I can see my monitor....

Smokers are the scurge of civilisation.And definitely inarguably the most selfish people on the planet.

Why would anybody want to deficate on their own doorstep is beyond me.