LaoPo

Aug 19, 2010

spacer15.gifspacer15.gifOBITUARY

Allen Quicke

Editor-in-Chief of Asia Times Online aq180810.gif

OBITUARY

Allen Quicke

Editor-in-Chief of Asia Times Online

It is with deep regret that we announce that Allen Quicke, Editor-in-Chief of Asia Times Online, died on Tuesday night, August 17. He was 57 years old.

Allen's association with ATol dates from early 2000, when he became a founding member of a small team that started an Internet version of Asia Times, a print newspaper that had ceased publication in 1997; Allen had also worked for that paper.

From a readership of zero, Allen, with uncompromising passion and commitment, laid the foundations, and over the years built on these, to take ATol where it is today, a vibrant site with more than 100,000 individual readers a day.

Rest of story continued here:

http://www.atimes.co...e/LH19Aa01.html

Edited by sbk
edited for fair use

And this happened in Thailand?

You sound surprised , far too many Farang are murdered or die mysterious deaths that remain unsolved in Thailand never read the reports of females being murdered on beaches or males jumping off of balconies with thier hands tied behind thier backs etc , etc .? Never read of the husband being 'Put away' by wives boyfriends for the money ? You some kind of hermit ?

And this happened in Thailand?

You sound surprised , far too many Farang are murdered or die mysterious deaths that remain unsolved in Thailand never read the reports of females being murdered on beaches or males jumping off of balconies with thier hands tied behind thier backs etc , etc .? Never read of the husband being 'Put away' by wives boyfriends for the money ? You some kind of hermit ?

Not surprised,

just want the connection to Thailand...

Edit: Thank you, LaoPo

Edited by Chonburiram

I am not sure what you two a talking about, but it gives people an impression that he died at the hands of a crime. Something that isn't mentioned in his obituary.

You're right; it wasn't mentioned that Mr. Allen Quicke died because he was stabbed 7 times and beaten severely in his house in Hua Hin.

Thai police is hunting a bargirl and her boyfriend.

Since I wasn't sure if I could mention the other news sources I was careful mentioning those links but Google is there for everybody so to speak.

LaoPo

Then just say that and say where you read it. That isn't forbidden, only posting excerpts and links is...

I will now head off to the other publication and read.

Edited by TAWP

Then just say that and say where you read it. That isn't forbidden, only posting excerpts and links is...

I will now head off to the other publication and read.

The topic title had to be edited by administration.

LaoPo

Ahhh irony, thou dost show thy face.

The Asia Times online gave the world the headline "Prostitutes Blamed For Property Bulge" (May 25, 2010) and offered such titillating articles as "Sex, Drugs and Islam" (Feb. 24, 2009) that bemoaned the exploitation of Iranian women forced to sell their bodies. How ironic that the finger wagging editor should meet his end at the hands of low end bar girl. There's a moral and a headline for the Asia Times Online in there somewhere. Perhaps Mr. Quicke was researching another expose on prostitution? I see a headline Quicke's Quest for a Quickie"? It is unfortunate he died, but as one doesn't know the circumstances, I'll leave it to the Asia Times to provide a story that will get to the "facts". *cough* *cough*

I knew and worked with Allen. He did not endear himself to many and - to put it mildly - had terrible social and managerial skills. But his obit did point out his good points. All-in-all it was a fine sendoff for a man who who died a terrible death and will ultimately be missed by few.

The Asia Times online gave the world the headline "Prostitutes Blamed For Property Bulge" (May 25, 2010) and offered such titillating articles as "Sex, Drugs and Islam" (Feb. 24, 2009) that bemoaned the exploitation of Iranian women forced to sell their bodies. How ironic that the finger wagging editor should meet his end at the hands of low end bar girl. There's a moral and a headline for the Asia Times Online in there somewhere. Perhaps Mr. Quicke was researching another expose on prostitution? I see a headline Quicke's Quest for a Quickie"? It is unfortunate he died, but as one doesn't know the circumstances, I'll leave it to the Asia Times to provide a story that will get to the "facts". *cough* *cough*

And your sh*t don't stink?

Read my entry again and this time be sure to be in a quiet place and well rested. Think. It isn't about me but concerns the articles written, their storylines and then how the same acts condemned figure prominently in someone's death. And people belittle the reading skills of Thais????

Read my entry again and this time be sure to be in a quiet place and well rested. Think. It isn't about me but concerns the articles written, their storylines and then how the same acts condemned figure prominently in someone's death. And people belittle the reading skills of Thais????

It wasn't the reading skills of Thais that was being belittled.

• Like 1

LOL you are absolutely right, this is what happens when i drink and post. My bad.... blink.gif

Yeah I feel lame.

If he was a regular in the Hua Hin bars, it shouldn't be too difficult to find someone who saw him out that night and at least track down the bar from which he picked up this girl. From there, I wouldn't imagine it'd be too difficult to get the name of the girl involved. What baffles me is the motive. Why beat a guy to death unless the intent was to rob him?

What baffles me is the motive. Why beat a guy to death unless the intent was to rob him?

It wasn't a random killing. It was an assassination.

Allen Quicke is the editor in chief of the political internet news site Asia Times Online.

Someone murdered Allen because of something or somethings printed at ATOL.

After the wholesale murder of journalists in Iraq during the Iraq war by the Coalition forces, murdering journalists is now acceptable to all world governments

What baffles me is the motive. Why beat a guy to death unless the intent was to rob him?

Allen Quicke is the editor in chief of the political internet news site Asia Times Online.

After the wholesale murder of journalists in Iraq during the Iraq war by the Coalition forces, murdering journalists is now acceptable to all world governments

..and they use bg's with a boyfriend to commit assassinations ? <_<

LaoPo

Hunt on for woman last seen with victim

By The Nation

Police are on the hunt for a Thai woman who was last seen with Allen George Quicke, editor of Asia Times Online, at a resort in Hua Hin.

According to witness accounts, Quicke was heard quarrelling with the woman on Wednesday night, before he was found dead at 8am the next morning. His body had several stab wounds.

Police are interviewing owners of the local bar where Quicke, 58, allegedly met the woman and took her back to his room at the Naeb Kehas Villa resort. Investigators believe that there was probably more than one person involved in the murder and that the motive was not robbery, because the victim's belongings were still in the room.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-08-20

LOL you are absolutely right, this is what happens when i drink and post. My bad.... blink.gif

Yeah I feel lame.

You are a gentleman. And I did have a hunch you misread. It happens.;)

An assassination you say? Can you support your argument? Or are these delusions brought on by too much Mekong whiskey and fanta? Seriously, if you want to troll, then please stick to sin sod themes as they are much more amusing. :)

Maybe he was a bit "heavy handed" with his girl and the BF showed up to help? Things spin out of control...whiskey involved....hard to tell. It will be interesting to find out a bit more regarding this case....either way, a horrible way to go and has definitely ruined many peoples lives.

Your last paragraph somehow manages to suggest the Thai government had a hand in this assassination. This is unfounded and could be seen as slander. You should be prepared to provide details if you have, or write more to whatever point you try to make.

LaoPo

Hehe yes It's a highly sophisticated operation. From Bangkok with Love. :cheesy:

^ never hurts to show at least a modicum of compassion for someone stabbed seven times AND beaten repeatedly in the head with a baseball bat.

Isn't it possible to show respect for the man and point to the facts at the same time? The post you were referring to pointed out a pretty interesting twist in the story if you ask me.

LaoPo

You are quite gullible aren't you? Just because you read the police are looking for a girl and a boyfriend it must be true. Just because the girl was in a bar she was of course a prostitute and not someone posing as a prostitute.

I bet you believe that there are WMD in Iraq also don't you? Or that David Kelly was found in the woods dead of suicide?

"Pretty Mexican women double up as pretty hit-women

This is the latest news from the drug land Mexico – the gangs are hiring pretty women to act as hit-women and catch the enemies by surprise. There are at least 30 women in the age group of 18 to 30 who have been roped in to assist the regular hit men. These women are pretty, good looking and able to handle both light and heavy weapons. The gangs have their duties clearly defined – while some are on lookout duty, others are the killers or extortionists and a special group recruits the women. The information has been extracted during interrogation of a suspect of the vicious La Linea gang."

Edited by happeh