Help On Finding An Apartment In Korat

Bartman747

I have been living and working in Korat now for about 4 months now so I am still quite a newbie and generally keep myself to myself so I have not really generated many contacts yet. So I have registered here because everyone seems quite friendly, and I am hoping you lot might be able to help.

I am after some address or people to contact in regard for looking for an apartment. I am not really after a house just do not need that much. An apartment with air con, furnished with western bathroom and a TV with some English channels of course. I would also like internet to me this is very important. The apartment I am in now is ideal except that no will cover it for internet so I am using a really slow air card which drives me mad sometimes.

Not desperate to move tomorrow but just like to get some ideas on where to look and how I can get in touch with the correct people.

Thanks for any help

Check the following web site <snip>

I had friend that owned condo a little past the Hermitage Resort on 224 highway and he had broadband internet, satellite and cable TV. Can't remember name of condo but they rent non owned units. Corner units are very nice.

Its located on Taosura Soi 25 which is before you get to the 226 highway that goes to Buri Ram. Use google maps to locate.

Edited by toptuan
Links to other forums not allowed.

Cant help with your request but just wanted to make a small point....when you say tv with English channels...did you mean channels in English or actual channels from England?

Because you cant pick up English TV anywhere in Thailand now. UBC only show American programmes (except for the premier league of course).

You will have to download anything you want to see, so a good internet signal should be your perogative.

Hope this was of interest.

HL :D

Cant help with your request but just wanted to make a small point....when you say tv with English channels...did you mean channels in English or actual channels from England?

Because you cant pick up English TV anywhere in Thailand now. UBC only show American programmes (except for the premier league of course).

You will have to download anything you want to see, so a good internet signal should be your perogative.

Hope this was of interest.

HL :D

Hi,

yes i was aware you can not get actual English channel, i meant channels in English, Universal, Euro Sport that sort of thing. You are right that is the reason why I want a good internet supply so i can d/l.

Thanks for interest.

As it regards your internet connection, you can get a CDMA wireless connection from CAT. It works very well and is quite fast (about 4 megs). Coverage is available almost throughout Thailand (so I am told by the company). I live in Khorat and have had very little issues with the service. I believe CAT is the only provider of this service in Khorat. Go to their office in town, the one next to the post office and Klang Plaza. They offer a selection of hardware. I bought the cheapest (THB 5,500). Monthly charge is THB 790 (first three months free).

• Like 1

As it regards your internet connection, you can get a CDMA wireless connection from CAT. It works very well and is quite fast (about 4 megs). Coverage is available almost throughout Thailand (so I am told by the company). I live in Khorat and have had very little issues with the service. I believe CAT is the only provider of this service in Khorat. Go to their office in town, the one next to the post office and Klang Plaza. They offer a selection of hardware. I bought the cheapest (THB 5,500). Monthly charge is THB 790 (first three months free).

Thanks for this information, I have no idea how this works and what it connects to but I will check it out thanks.

You didn't mention any budget but Crystal Place right next to the mall is very nice and they do have internet in the rooms as well as UBC. They have a website but its mainly in Japanese but you can have a look at it and see if it suits you. http://sites.google....e/crystalplace/

Thanks for the web site link. I translated it via Google Chrome. It looks very posh there doesn't it. I wonder how much it costs, I will give them a call, thanks

Thanks for this information, I have no idea how this works and what it connects to but I will check it out thanks.

It is a small device which receives and sends the signal and it is attached to your laptop via USB cable ("USB modem"). So quite easy. The operative word here is "laptop" (notebook, etc). The big advantage is that the wireless internet access gives you maximum flexibility and mobility; you are not tied down to a ADSL line. So if the bad internet connection in your current home is the only complaint you have, this may allow you to stay where you are but improve on your surfing and downloading experience.

It is a small device which receives and sends the signal and it is attached to your laptop via USB cable ("USB modem"). So quite easy. The operative word here is "laptop" (notebook, etc). The big advantage is that the wireless internet access gives you maximum flexibility and mobility; you are not tied down to a ADSL line. So if the bad internet connection in your current home is the only complaint you have, this may allow you to stay where you are but improve on your surfing and downloading experience.

Is this something different to an Aircard as I have one of those from Telewiz in the Mall. It does work and anywhere but it is very slow. From what I am aware these aircards are not allowed to use the 3G network meaning they are using the EDGE network making them very slow. I not understand what network your thing connects to that makes it 4meg ish. So far I have spoken to 3BB and True and both say they do not cover my area even though I am just down the road from Save one, hardly in the middle of no where. I am open minded though that there is something else out there.

Is this something different to an Aircard as I have one of those from Telewiz in the Mall. It does work and anywhere but it is very slow. From what I am aware these aircards are not allowed to use the 3G network meaning they are using the EDGE network making them very slow. I not understand what network your thing connects to that makes it 4meg ish. So far I have spoken to 3BB and True and both say they do not cover my area even though I am just down the road from Save one, hardly in the middle of no where. I am open minded though that there is something else out there.

I am not an electronics whiz myself, but as far as I understand, the CDMA works like a wi-max network. CAT's signal is transmitted via a multitude of small dishes (I guess similar to mobile networks), so you always have a strong signal. And as I said, you have coverage throughout Thailand (well, maybe not in unpopulated areas), so very mobile. CAT has a bunch of literature on this at their Korat office (unfortunately not much in English, though), but the website does have some English info (http://www.cattelecom.com/site/en/list_service.php?cat=588). It says that CDMA is a 3G technology, at speeds up to 3.1 megs (so I exaggerated a bit on the speed - sorry). Hope this helps.