Chemistry Book In English

heybruce

I am trying to find an introductory Chemistry book in English, preferably a text book appropriate for a first year high school Chemistry class. I've tried Suriwong, DK Books, Asia Books on-line, and a couple of the larger used book stores around ThaPae and haven't found anything. I have a student who is studying to take the GED and needs to learn basic Chemistry in the next month, she can't wait for the next CMU book fair. Does anyone know where I can find a book like this?

Ground floor of Carrefore (not Hang Dong, the one to the East of the city on the super highway) has a bookshop, I forget the name. They have a small selection of text books from Singapore (or at least had a few months ago), including science.

You could try http://www.pdfchm.net/ - not the easiest site, but you can download loads of manuals and tech books, including science, maths, it, photography etc. I've been a member for years and have downloaded hundreds of books. You don't have to pay or join, for a limited bandwidth and amount of downloads per day its free. Lot of AMerican text boos if you can find them.

• 2 weeks later...

You could try http://www.pdfchm.net/ - not the easiest site, but you can download loads of manuals and tech books, including science, maths, it, photography etc. I've been a member for years and have downloaded hundreds of books. You don't have to pay or join, for a limited bandwidth and amount of downloads per day its free. Lot of AMerican text boos if you can find them.

Apparently I can download some free e-books, but without an e-book reader that doesn't help. Do you know if there is any way to download in .pdf format?

Apparently I can download some free e-books, but without an e-book reader that doesn't help. Do you know if there is any way to download in .pdf format?

PDFCHM are either in PDF Format or CHM. CHM isn't so pretty as its the windows help format (there are free readers I believe for non-windows machines). Most manuals on the site are PDF, some offer both, unfortunaltly some are only available in CHM. Also some book (elctronics hobby books seemingly most often) are scanned cpies rather than text, so you can't cut and paste the text. I believe there are also free CHM to PDF/DOC converters out there too - but again they don't tend to render pretty!

But hey, $50 manuals for free!