Help Needed

bangbuathongben

Hello forum, firstly before I write this thread I must confess that my computer knowledge is pretty primative, so take it easy on me if I say something that sounds absolutley ridiculous to all you boffins out there.

Today I brought a mp3 player for the littlen, thinking I can download music no probs. Since I have changed my attitude, and I am ready to throw it straight away after 3 hours of trying to get some sort of sound from the thing! Ok, I have downloaded the installation disc no probs. Then I ran a CD through windows media (I have XP sp2 by the way) and tryed to save it to removable disk f, which is the mp3 player. So I think it is going dandy when it comes up on the mp3 display as "write" But everytime I try to listen to it back on the mp3 it skips secounds and I cannot hear a blasted thing! I then got thinking maybe i havent got a good enough version of "windows media player" so click on updates, and I cant update because I have a copied windows xp. Is there a easier way to achieve this or will I have to a:get a copy of windows xp b:take my computer back to the shop for them to sort xp out, or c:am I barking up the wrong tree altogether! Any help would be much appreciative.

Well we are on the subject of computers, my avatar. I managed to crop it today after alot of heart ache with a friend. But how do I make it move?????????

Thanx

Bangbuathongben

I have had 3 MP3 players so I do have some experience with them. I am not positive what is happening to yours but I can take a guess.

1. Either the MP3 player is broke and faulty and you must return it and try with another one or,

2. Instead of trying to go directly from the CD to the MP3, download the song from the CD into your computer first, then proceeed to send it to the MP3 player.

Write back on here and let me know if that worked. Try #2 first before taking it back. I will have a gander at mine again and go through the steps to see what you might be doing wrong.

I did try and download the cd to my music libary, but still had the same problems of it skipping the secounds and no sound............

Think maybe I will have to take it back, although if i copy straight from cd does that automayically change the track to a mp3 file.............

Hello forum, firstly before I write this thread I must confess that my computer knowledge is pretty primative, so take it easy on me if I say something that sounds absolutley ridiculous to all you boffins out there.

Today I brought a mp3 player for the littlen, thinking I can download music no probs. Since I have changed my attitude, and I am ready to throw it straight away after 3 hours of trying to get some sort of sound from the thing! Ok, I have downloaded the installation disc no probs. Then I ran a CD through windows media (I have XP sp2 by the way) and tryed to save it to removable disk f, which is the mp3 player. So I think it is going dandy when it comes up on the mp3 display as "write" But everytime I try to listen to it back on the mp3 it skips secounds and I cannot hear a blasted thing! I then got thinking maybe i havent got a good enough version of "windows media player" so click on updates, and I cant update because I have a copied windows xp. Is there a easier way to achieve this or will I have to a:get a copy of windows xp b:take my computer back to the shop for them to sort xp out, or c:am I barking up the wrong tree altogether! Any help would be much appreciative.

Well we are on the subject of computers, my avatar. I managed to crop it today after alot of heart ache with a friend. But how do I make it move?????????

Thanx

Bangbuathongben

If you could be a bit more specific (as in giving us the type of MP3 player you are using), if may be easier to help you...... :o

Thanx

Bangbuathongben

If you could be a bit more specific (as in giving us the type of MP3 player you are using), if may be easier to help you...... :o

hiya

It sounds more like like a music file fault if it is jumping, check the music in your windows media player or MP3 player, if its working there your files MP3 files are ok....however maybe your portable MP3 player is having import problems...cannot say for sure...

on that line check this MP3 out its well cheap and nice...got one a few month ago, beats IPOD by miles....enjoy

http://www.iriver.com/eu/index.asp

Nice Avatar!!! :D

:D

Edited by lopburiguy

First, as was previous recommended, verify the mp3 file will play correctly in WinDose Media player. If it does then you might try the next which is making assumptions about your external player.

I assume that it connects to the PC through USB and that it appears as an USB mass storage device with an associated drive letter (f: in your case). If it is like flash drives you have to select the icon that says "Safely remove hardware" in the bottom right corner of WinXP. Just pulling a flash drive out without doing this can corrupt the data and it may be the same with the mp3 player. Also verify if it is USB 2.0 and you have USB 2.0 port on your PC. "Supposedly" it is backward compatible with 1.0 but have heard of problems.

Hi all, yeah still getting problems. The Mp3 player is a Aconatic MP3 WMA WAVE, and it connects via a usb 2.0. I have downloaded the tracks to the Mp3 player and then plugged it back in using the usb, and it has no problem playing back the tracks either through winamp or media player.It also shows all the tracks in the "removable f" drive as what I would class as normal. It shows the track title and the duration of each track on the Mp3, but like I said previously just skips through with no sound. I am pretty sure that I am doing something wrong! I am making sure I unplug the hardware correctly also. It says in the manuel that you use this device as the same you would a cd, for downloading. I think I will return it to the shop tommorrow, hope that it is a fault and I am not made to look stupid.................. :o

hi'

my 2cts here ...

you talk about getting music from a cd, is it an mp3 music-cd ? or a regular music cd?

if it's an mp3 check that there are out of anyfolder before to write on mp3 player, and if it comes from a cd you have to rip the cd to hdd first and then convert the cd tracks(cda) to mp3 before to write anything anywhere :o

you'll need some program to do the rip, as just copy them doen't work.

you can do it through wmp. file/cd audio devices/rip cd audio.

francois

ps; if it doesn't work, bring back the player to the shop for replacement.

hi'

my 2cts here ...

you talk about getting music from a cd, is it an mp3 music-cd ? or a regular music cd?

if it's an mp3 check that there are out of anyfolder before to write on mp3 player, and if it comes from a cd you have to rip the cd to hdd first and then convert the cd tracks(cda) to mp3 before to write anything anywhere :o

you'll need some program to do the rip, as just copy them doen't work.

you can do it through wmp. file/cd audio devices/rip cd audio.

francois

ps; if it doesn't work, bring back the player to the shop for replacement.

Hey Francois

I think you maybe right, they have not ripped the C.D...oops!!! That may explain the skipping through tracks. However it would not import only the name of the track rather than the full song as it would not have been loaded on to WMP etc...unless they are trying to import it from the songs played screen????

Either way its one of those could be anything posts..

:D

Edited by lopburiguy

Thanx had a feeling i had to do something else. I have downloaded wnp 10 and have ripped the tracks to my libary but STILL having problems I have tryed synchronizing the tracks to the mp3 player. And have also sent them to my music files and tryed that way but to no sucsess. I have even taken it back to the shop and changed the mp3 as i thought it was faulty. I also asked the seller who I brought it off but had no acsess to a computer so couldnt show me how to do it. This is really starting to f@#ck me off now! I think my best bet is to return it get my money back..........

:o

How pray tell would it affect them, Everything is covered that would offend unless you're a prude. Either that or you are just jealous or do you think of yourself as the REAL Batman?

I'm not jealous nor i'm a prude, "Its not what i am underneath but what i do, defines me" :o

So it must have been Batman that went flying to RDN to complain. I still don't see anything wrong with the Bangbuathongben avitar and feel also that RDN handled that whole thing in a very unproffesional and rude way.

Back on topic: I will do some searching and see what I can find Ben to help you get the problem solved.

Edited by Kringle