Visa Refused

My girl friend is from thailand and i am from usa. I would like her to get a visa to visit for one month. I sent all paper work that was asked of me,she went to embassy 2 times and was told she needs a f1 for a visa. I am not her feeahnsay just boy friend,I thought all she would need is a b1/b2 for visa to visit and then go back to thailand. They told her that i would have to get f1 paper work and send,i dont think this is right. tell me what to do.

If they are asking for an F1, then she replied 'me fan'. Which means she has a boyfriend, so they consider that on the way to being married. Unless she is a rich Thai girl she doesn't have any chance for a visa B1 visa since they now have her on record as having a farang boyfriend.

Unless she is a rich Thai girl she doesn't have any chance for a visa B1 visa since they now have her on record as having a farang boyfriend.

A fiancee visa is category K-1, not F-1. I'm not aware of an F-1 visa, but there may be one.

While they will certainly keep records of her application, I think it's a bit pessimistic to say that she will never get a B1 simply because she is known to have an American boyfriend. Visitor visas are routinely issued for the purpose of visiting boyfriends in the US - the big hurdle to overcome is convincing the consular officer that the GF will return to Thailand after her visit. We don't have a lot of information from the OP to judge whether it is likely or not that the embassy can be convinced in this case:

1. Is the OP currently living in Thailand or the US? If Thailand, does he have job, appropriate visa and work permit?

2. How long have the OP and his GF known each other and more importantly, can they prove the nature and length of the relationship (photos, phone bills, e-mail, etc.)?

3. Does the OP's GF have a job? Is she studying?

4. Does she own property, run a business or have other significant assets in Thailand?

5. What family ties does she have to Thailand?

The consular officer assessing the application will start with the assumption that the applicant is intending to migrate to the US and the onus is on the applicant to prove to the officer's satisfaction that this is not the case. If the GF has no job, no business, is not studying and has minimal assets then the officer is most likely to conclude that she has little reason to return to Thailand and the application will be denied.

Unless she is a rich Thai girl she doesn't have any chance for a visa B1 visa since they now have her on record as having a farang boyfriend.

A fiancee visa is category K-1, not F-1. I'm not aware of an F-1 visa, but there may be one.

While they will certainly keep records of her application, I think it's a bit pessimistic to say that she will never get a B1 simply because she is known to have an American boyfriend. Visitor visas are routinely issued for the purpose of visiting boyfriends in the US - the big hurdle to overcome is convincing the consular officer that the GF will return to Thailand after her visit. We don't have a lot of information from the OP to judge whether it is likely or not that the embassy can be convinced in this case:

1. Is the OP currently living in Thailand or the US? If Thailand, does he have job, appropriate visa and work permit?

2. How long have the OP and his GF known each other and more importantly, can they prove the nature and length of the relationship (photos, phone bills, e-mail, etc.)?

3. Does the OP's GF have a job? Is she studying?

4. Does she own property, run a business or have other significant assets in Thailand?

5. What family ties does she have to Thailand?

The consular officer assessing the application will start with the assumption that the applicant is intending to migrate to the US and the onus is on the applicant to prove to the officer's satisfaction that this is not the case. If the GF has no job, no business, is not studying and has minimal assets then the officer is most likely to conclude that she has little reason to return to Thailand and the application will be denied.

An F1 visa is a student visa. Was the original enquiry to the US Embassy for a visit visa or a student visa ?