Gift Law In Thailand

TheWorldandI

Here is my scenario; I have accepted gifts from ex and now the relationship is sour. She requested the gifts back, in her words "I still want anything you take from me back".

I didnt take or ask for anything, I was given by her. I presumed it was a gift since I was told things like I want you to have this, I dont like you having this but have this. On the other hand I am requesting for some books that I left with her to be returned which are for my personal reading. The books are held as ransom. I have been told that it is possible in thai law for her to reclaim her things back which I cannot account for at this time. Please any expereinced person to suggest how to go about this? I want to go the legal way.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

better traed carefully, i hear the bangkok hilton is full of fellas who broke thailands gift laws:lol: :lol:

what the??? but I was forced to, at the beginning of the friendship when I said no, I was frowned at.

Hes joking <deleted>, now why do you want to hold onto anything she gave you? Just give it back?

Hes joking <deleted>, now why do you want to hold onto anything she gave you? Just give it back?

I still cant account for what was given to me except underwears because I still use 'em, when I ask what was given to me the reply is "I don't want you to ask me any questions".

I wonder what it would be like to return used underwears. I will give it a shot and see.

I still cant account for what was given to me except underwears because I still use 'em, when I ask what was given to me the reply is "I don't want you to ask me any questions".

I wonder what it would be like to return used underwears. I will give it a shot and see.

You cant account for what was given to you?

Were there so many gifts?

She must have "showered you" with gifts.

;)

I agree with you, start with the underwear.

:)

Seriously? She only gave you underwear and refuses to answer the simple question of what she wants back? Im going to assume you dumped her for another woman to make her so ridiculously petty hehe. Do you really NEED those books? In a situation like this I just ignore women when they start acting irrational and stupid.

I know, life is such a cruel mistress, just when you thought you were home free with them skiddys, (pack of 3, was it) the ex ball and chain calls you out….Dam! And she’s holding a “book” as ransom. Be brave, Let it go, I know….I know you took so long to colure it in. “There but for the grace of God go I” I’ve managed to dodge this old Thai scam………….Yep! The old Siam Skiddy scam, it was known as the “boxer rebellion in the old days. Good luck wiggling out of this. Please let me know how the court case go’s.

LOL. I am sure you gave more than she did. Didn't you!

Play her at her game. Ask her for rent electric water Internet UBC. All of it. Work out a monthly cost and charge her half for the amounts she used and for the months she stayed with you.

What ever goes on in a guys head that he feels the need to tell the world how petty and immature he is.

OP - Grow up <deleted>.

guys who refer to hookers as gfs will never grow up.i think op in another thread admits to "keeping" a thai girl, sending her monthly cash:lol: :lol: :lol: .could be wrong bout this, deel with it:angry:

It turns out a gift is a gift in thailand :)

The cops seem to be lousy in handling domestic dispute, no sense of moral correction, I wonder if this extends to the whole society? My lawyer mentioned that domestic disputes are usually settled within the parties invloved, not much laws governing girlfriend and boyfriend issues, she told me even if I take it to court it will still be the same circle i.e we have to settle within ourselves (I wonder if the lawyer thinks I still want the missus and wants us back together which I can clearly see in the lawyer's eyes).

@guesthouse: just got to live with what the society throws at me.

@Tonto21: I agree this is some what a scheme, I never felt the love though it was questioned and thrown at me. I was asked to get married never felt clear to do it or saw a reason to. I have dropped all intent to proceed.

@onnut: I am begining to miss civilization, asking any of those questions would result in a very sad expereince. I give up. She can have all.

@mrdeedee: I met her in a bar but she has a respectful family, turns out to be quite different from the siblings. I guess golddiggers are everywhere in form of hookers or whatever you define them.

Edited by TheWorldandI