Online Trading

Can anybody suggest a good/reliable online trading site? Important is 1) English language and 2) reliability. I have bank accounts with Thai banks (Kasikorn, SCB and Bangkok Bank) here in Thailand. Looking to invest short to mid term in Asian stocks.

Would appreciate any good recommendations.

Best regards

"Asian Stocks" is a bid broad.

For local stocks Kim Eng and K-Securities (Kasikorn Bank group) have staff who speak English and both offer the Java platform that they license from settrade.com

For other countries, E-Trade just stopped servicing HK, so I typically suggest Interactive brokers. Via their HK office you can open an account that can cover many many countries including Singapore and HK.

djayz

Have you been trading stocks or futures before?

If you intend to trade using internet, there are several brokers overseas offering reasonable commissions as low as 5 usd per roundturn.

Around here they would charge you about 600% more which in my opinion is outrageously expensive for someone who is trading for a living.

But if you are trading occasionally, I guess, using brokers in Thailand would be alright at that price.

By the way, Interactive Broker and its feed, as far as using it to trade commodities and futures, is NOT the standards that frequent traders should use.

Industrial standard is Esignal which provides reliable and up to the second signal which is required for any Speedy Gonzales trader.

TradeStation is also alright but a shade behind Esignal in terms of speed, accuracy and variety of platforms, imho. I used to have both feeding my two cpu.