Second Visitor Visa

G'day all.

Time of the year again to start the visa process for a Second Visitor Visa for my Thai Fiance.

She stayed with me earlier in the year for 2 months, which was great, but just have some questions in regards to what would be the best approach going for the second visa.

I have sent all relevant information and documents, again getting a Statutory Document signed by a Court Official. Funds in the bank, etc etc. I have been told it is almost 99% chance of getting this visa, but of course I never listen to these comments until the visa has been completed. My fiance followed all the rules of the last visa, even going back a week early due to a family emergency.

What I would like to know, is there anything that I should specify or my fiance should specify for the reasons of getting a second visitor visa. I was thinking that if we state that we are working on our relationship, will be seeing different parts of WA, and have my brothers wedding that we will be attending in November that this would be reason enough. Her reasons to return will be the same as the previous visa.

We are also getting married on the 22nd of January 2011 in Thailand, I have been reading about the wait times that are expected for the Marriage Visa (please correct my terminology if needed, still learning what forms are what) would there be a way that I could start the process while my fiance is in Australia if her Visitor Visa is approved. I understand there is a clause that states that I must not start a visa during her stay, but can not remember the rules on what I should mention if I want to start processing it while she is here.

Also I would like to add, with the Marriage Visa, and us wanting to be together next year, what would others recommend we do ? and how would others go about it ? eg, wait till after we are married before applying, etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and again thanks in advance as the last time I went through this process this website was excellent in advice given, as well as a couple of members sending private messages.

Cheers

Tourist visa....Apply as you did before but update any docs and photos (include the pics taken in Oz)

You cant apply for a more substantive visa while on a tourist visa if the tourist visa granted has a "no further stay" condition on it.

If your plans are set on being married in Thailand, then after the marriage, have it registered at the local Amphur office, then she can apply for a spouse visa. If you are getting married in Thailand the spouse visa application would have to be done from there.

Cheers gburns

Couple more quick ones for yas. Reason to return will be the same as before, and I am thinking they will believe it to be true since my fiance left on timeas per last visa. My fiance wanted to put down another reason to return will be to organise our wedding that is occurring in Udan in January. Not really a good reason I thought, your opinions ? Last time she was not even asked, but want to cover all bases.

And last of all, we have decided that we will organise all the paperwork that we need while she is here in Australia (if visa approved of course) and the first week I am in Thailand in January, we will go to the Application office personally to put in the forms and documents.

I know probably asking a few mundane questions, but the more you learn, the more I will be able to help others in the future.

Thanks again for the replies.

Cheers gburns

Couple more quick ones for yas. Reason to return will be the same as before, and I am thinking they will believe it to be true since my fiance left on timeas per last visa. My fiance wanted to put down another reason to return will be to organise our wedding that is occurring in Udan in January. Not really a good reason I thought, your opinions ? Last time she was not even asked, but want to cover all bases.

And last of all, we have decided that we will organise all the paperwork that we need while she is here in Australia (if visa approved of course) and the first week I am in Thailand in January, we will go to the Application office personally to put in the forms and documents.

I know probably asking a few mundane questions, but the more you learn, the more I will be able to help others in the future.

Thanks again for the replies.

As she has been successful and complied before you wont need to show further reasons to return unless it is requested.

You wont be able to lodge any migration forms for a spouse visa until after you are legally married in Thailand. Remember also that she needs a medical and police clearance which will take a couple of weeks.

Okay, last question for you all.

48R Form, do you intend to enter australia on more than one occasion . . yes . . give details . . *my fiance gave this as an answer . . *want to learn more about my fiance and our future together* . . same answer as in previous application . . and pretty much the same reason as before . . all honest answers.

would anyone else give a different answer for this time round ? . . cheers

Okay, last question for you all.

48R Form, do you intend to enter australia on more than one occasion . . yes . . give details . . *my fiance gave this as an answer . . *want to learn more about my fiance and our future together* . . same answer as in previous application . . and pretty much the same reason as before . . all honest answers.

would anyone else give a different answer for this time round ? . . cheers

You didnt mention that bit before

The use of the word fiance was not good, they may say that as you are engaged, she is not a genuine tourist and you should apply for a prospective spouse visa.

what is done is done...maybe something like "to further our relationship" may be an idea.

Yeah mate the thought had crossed my mind about mentioning that or not. But told my fiance that maybe it was best to just be honest, and if they ask any more questions during the process, to let them know we are going back to Thailand in January to be married and will be putting in the paperwork during this time for a Marriage Visa. We did use the word Fiance in the previous Visitor Visa.

Not really seeing a problem at the moment due to the fact she has already been here once before and returned back on time. 50/50 I am thinking and hope the person dealing with the Visa see's it like that. Time will tell.

Edited by Sparky2205

Gday all

Some great news today, my Fiance received her visa and everything went through fine. Was actually very surprised as it only took 3 days. Again thanks to all who gave assistance and advice.

One thing that I wanted to share, that I have read some posts, and it seems some people take some of the comments personally, I would have to say that this site is mainly a guide, of peoples opinions and knowledge. So if you are one of those who gets offended easily, dont be so quick to react, remember you are asking others advice. If some of the people here believe you are wasting your time or think you may not get a visa approved because of various reasons, take it in your stride to rectify those issues. The best way to find out, is to go for it, and if declined, review the reasons why, and fix it.

Anyway, sorry for the rant, but I believe this to be one of the best sites I have come across for finding information I have been after, and have recommended it to many, so thanks again.

See you all again in 3 months when I'm asking about the next Visa.

Sparky