Sea Freight From The U.S.A To Thailand

I am looking for a way of importing stained glass sheets from the U.S to Thailand. Stained glass is a hobby of mine and previously I have used USPS to ship by air, but I'm looking for a cheaper method to ship larger amounts of glass. Can anybody suggest a shipping agent who currently ships sea freight to Thailand from the U.S?

I use a company called UTI. I have a container arriving each month. Loaded in Arizona, trucked to the port of LA. 3 to 4 weeks transit time to Lat Krabang. They also act as the customs clearing agent here in Thailand. 1 to 2 days to clear customs and deliver to my factory in Saraburi.

Part containers and add your glass are fine depending on size. Glass has weight but occupies less cubic metre capacity. Get in touch with any removals (or logistics) company and pick up a partial load to Thailand from Longbeach in California. I used to ship 40' high cubes from Longbeach to Australia and freight cost was only 1,600 USD. You obviously don't need this capacity but you should be able to ship inexpensively. Good luck

I used these guys a long time ago - they consolidate shipments so any size works and charged by volume. Land, sea or air. Door to Door. I was happy with the service.

forgot the link ramashipping.com Oakland and LA

Edited by RKASA

Thanks for your help everyone. A consolidated shipment sounds the way to go, the next challenge is to find any carbon based lifeform here who can agree a tariff rate and stick to it. :)

I have used a company in Bangkok a number of times..

They have business partners in the US and most countries

Talk to Khun Charles. Very switched on.

http://www.pioneer.co.th/f_suggest.htm

Thanks for your help everyone. A consolidated shipment sounds the way to go, the next challenge is to find any carbon based lifeform here who can agree a tariff rate and stick to it. :)

seafreight and container rates have been fluctuating wildly during the last few years. once you fix a date you should receive a fixed price offer.

If you are going to send stained glass via LCL I would pay special care to the packaging and also ensure that you get insurance.

LCL is good and usually a whole lot cheaper than airfreight, but often times the handling can be a bit rough, especially if the co-loader is going to open the container at a transit point (like Singapore) and re-pack the container before heading to Thailand (which many do).

Insurance premiums are fairly inexpensive aprox 0.8% of Value of goods and max insurable amount is 110% of CIF value.