Taxi Company

Taro

I have a dog that needs to see the vet once a day for the next week or so. I don't have a car, so the only way to get him there is a taxi. Can't be a tuk tuk because he tries to jump out. He's a huge dog and it's pretty difficult to restrain him. So it needs to be a regular taxi, which I have no idea how to find. I've Googled taxi Hua Hin but all the websites that come up are for tranfers to/from Bangkok, not local trips. I live maybe 10 minutes away from the vet, and I would need the taxi to come pick me up, wait for me at the vet and then bring me home. There has to be something like that here. Any suggestions? Treatment can't wait. Thanks.

Hi Taro,

You can call Tong in Hua Hin,08617722974.

He speaks a little English,better if you have a Thai person to call him with your request.

Tell him K.Yo from soi salawat have given his number.

You explain situation and agreed price in advance.

Good luck with it.

If it doesn't work let me know we look for other solution.

Yolila

Hi Taro,

You can call Tong in Hua Hin,08617722974.

He speaks a little English,better if you have a Thai person to call him with your request.

Tell him K.Yo from soi salawat have given his number.

You explain situation and agreed price in advance.

Good luck with it.

If it doesn't work let me know we look for other solution.

Yolila

Thanks. Will try. I don't know anybody who can call, so hopefully I'll be able to explain this in English. A bit tough, I think.

There are at least 50 taxis just hanging around all over Hua Hin, near Burger King, outside the Mall, by Pizza Company, by the night market.....and numerous other places, just agree what you want and what price for the next week.

There are at least 50 taxis just hanging around all over Hua Hin, near Burger King, outside the Mall, by Pizza Company, by the night market.....and numerous other places, just agree what you want and what price for the next week.

Real taxis? I honestly don't remember seeing any. No tuk tuks and no trucks with an open back. Just a regular car.

Theres an old guy with a crappyish looking white saloon taxi who parks and sits outside a tshirt shop, on the oppisit side of the road tof he pizza company on the main road next to the night market. Near the corner with the school and such, swensons is there too. Hes a nice old thai guy, he would do it for you and a fair price. Sorry i can't be of more help with names, I can never remember :whistling: but he is there allday and it's easy to spot.

edit - It's tourist police or something in a little hut on the corner and you can cross the road and hes right there.

Real taxis? I honestly don't remember seeing any. No tuk tuks and no trucks with an open back. Just a regular car.

That may be difficult to find. There are no official "real" or meter taxis here to my knowledge, only tuk tuks, pickups, and a few people who run a taxi service (usually for road trips out of town) in their own cars.

That may be difficult to find. There are no official "real" or meter taxis here to my knowledge, only tuk tuks, pickups, and a few people who run a taxi service (usually for road trips out of town) in their own cars.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Maybe somebody with a private car who does this kind of thing and would agree to give me a ride for the next few days.

Thanks everybody. I ended up calling the animal hostpital to ask if they could recommend somebody and it turns out they have their own car to pick up animals/owners. Not sure why they didn't suggest this from the beginning. They charge less than I would've paid for a taxi too.

Thanks everybody. I ended up calling the animal hostpital to ask if they could recommend somebody and it turns out they have their own car to pick up animals/owners. Not sure why they didn't suggest this from the beginning. They charge less than I would've paid for a taxi too.

Good to know, thanks for the info.