Great Lunch Deal

Sansai Sam

Would you be so kind as to give a slightly better loacation of this hotel ( Siripanna ). There's a lot of space between Gymkhana ( Club? ) and train station ( main ) - unless there's another train station somewhere close to the Club.

Can't seem to locate same on my maps.

Thanks for the info.

Cheers

I'll give it my best shot. Go down the Nong Hoi Road past Dukes..past Rimping.... until you come to the left turn that takes you to Gymkana (there is a big tree in the middle of the intersection). Go past the entrance to Gymkana and there will be a fork in the road..stay left and the hotel will appear on your right shortly. There is nothing close to it's size on that road...can't miss it.

Edited by Sansai Sam

I'll give it my best shot. Go down the Nong Hoi Road past Dukes..past Rimping.... until you come to the left turn that takes you to Gymkana (there is a big tree in the middle of the intersection). Go past the entrance to Gymkana and there will be a fork in the road..stay left and the hotel will appear on your right shortly. There is nothing close to it's size on that road...can't miss it.

Sam - you mention a 'lunch deal'....is this just a one off or a regular thing do you know?

Sawasdee Khrup, TV CM Friends,

Our human container dwells not that far from the Siripanna, and bicycles past it frequently.

Have observed it often while it was being built, and have been fascinated to watch the creation in the last months of a "real rice paddy" behind the hotel on land which was formerly just old urban junk. The neighborhood is not one we'd locate a luxury boutique hotel in (it's fairly far out of central Chiang Mai, and has no nearby resources for cultural events, entertainment, sports, etc.), but evidently the Chiang Mai owners spared no expense.

Stopped by just to have a look inside Siripanna last month: very beautiful !

Haven't tried the food, but without taste buds that doesn't mean anything :)

To expand on Khun SanSai Sam's directions:

1. on the old Chiang Mai-Lamphun highway heading south, south of the main bridge, (east side of the Ping)

2. pass the turn off to Rimping Nawarat to the left.

3. pass the Kawila military compound on the left.

4. Keep your eyes open for a major road opening left about a kilometer after the Kawlia boundaries (there's a giant tree there): turn left: that's Thanon Ratutit, and will take you past the Gymkhana Club on your right.

5. bear left onto Thanon Ratutit as you pass the back entrance to Wat Meung Gai on your left.

6. head straight up Ratutit (now heading east), and look for Siripanna on your right, about one kilometer after turning left

A second way (from Thanon Charoen Muang and the Railway Station).

1. go out Charoen Muang heading east towards the superhighway (first ring road), turn right (heading: south) on the road to the Railway Station main entrance: that's Thanon Ratutit.

2. proceed down Ratutit south until it turns roughly west; about 500 meters on the left you'll find the Siripanna. Not far past where Ratutit Soi 8 dead-ends into Ratutit.

best, ~o:37;

Edited by orang37

Would you be so kind as to give a slightly better loacation of this hotel ( Siripanna ). There's a lot of space between Gymkhana ( Club? ) and train station ( main ) - unless there's another train station somewhere close to the Club.

Can't seem to locate same on my maps.

Thanks for the info.

Cheers

here 'tis;

http://tinyurl.com/Siripanna-Google-Map