Osteopathy Bangkok

mssabai

I was searching the forum a little while ago for a good Osteopath. I didn't come up with anything except a lot of chiropractors. Osteopaths are not the same as chiropractors, although they are both used to treat similar problems. I have been a big fan of osteopathy for years but had stopped getting treatment when I moved here. I googled Osteopathy and came up with the Bangkok Osteopath clinic in Ari. I decided to give it a go, even though I couldn't find any independent information about it. I was really really pleased with my treatment. My osteopath, Nancy, set up the clinic with her husband two years ago. She is Thai and he is English.

I went to treat an upper back problem, which had been relieved greatly after only two sessions. Although they left it completely up to me (there was no pressure to make additional appointments), I will be going back at least once a month for further treatment. The session cost 1500 baht for the initial consultation and then 1200 for each additional appointment which I felt was very reasonable. The sessions are pretty short, but I came out feeling much better both times.

I am really pleased to have found them. Here is their website. I would highly recommend them if you are looking for an osteopath, or if you are suffering from any back or limb issues. Osteopathy is a more holistic treatment than physiotherapy and it treats the whole body, particularly the spine, rather than just the problem areas. I haven't had chiropractic treatment, so I can't compare, but from what I here it is gentler, with less cracking.

PS - I have nothing to do with the clinic myself, I just want to help others who were in my situation. This is a genuine recommendation!

I just went back to Australia to see my Osteopath, I have big issues with 11 ruptured discs in my past, the osteopath I see is world renowned, and she charges (in Baht at current exchange rate) 1890, I am very glad to hear that the practitioners in Bangkok are recommended - I will give them a shot when next in need, as to the price regards those who say this is expensive - Mai Pen Rai - the options are what exactly ? 1200 baht is about 24 Pounds, mus`nt grumble as up until now many expats flew to Hong Kong or Singapore when in need - toughen up and be thankful the option is there to redeem your physical well being I say, it is not exactly earth shatteringly expensive !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I went to the same Osteopath at Ari, it was with Philip Hambly, and I can say he's very good.

I used to try chirofit at the mediplex last year, i paid 8 times 2000 bahts (total 16k!!!), each session were 1 hour. In the end, it wasn't very useful, each time I spent 5 minutes with the real doctor and 55 minutes with a lady trying to do massage.

The first session at Ari was 1500 for an hour, and others are 1200 for 30 minutes. The big difference is that it's him who take care of you at all time. After 2 sessions I felt so much better, now I'm continuing and I can recommend him.

If it seems expansive for some, for me I just think that there is not many osteopath in bangkok, and I don't want to pay a plane ticket to go to Europe just for that!

I have also been to this clinic but I had my first session with Nancy and not Philip. Nancy is also very good and speaks fluent English having studied in the UK. Due to lack of time I have not been back since my first session but I plan to go on a regular basis in the new year.