New Ais Web Service

richsilver

AIS now has a website where you can sign in (they send you an SMS with a one-time password each time you log in): 12Call.

This is for One-2-Call users who would like to manage their service on-line. You can check your balance, check/change your calling plan, add/check/change your data plan, top up your balance (using a credit card!), transfer money or validity to another phone, send SMSs from your computer, notify people of a number change and more.

This is the first time I have ever seen a clear explanation of the various plans and a easy way to choose the one you want.

Check it out!

With a dose of Thai logics, ofcourse :lol:

80642227.jpg

And better read the TOS:

5. Subscriber hereby consents that the Company may use Subscriber’s data in relation to access to this Web Site by subscriber for the purpose of improving the eService, or disseminating information, privileges in relation to benefits of goods, services, promotions and other offers.

No thanks, I hate spam.

Edited by bangkokcitylimits

You can check your balance, DIAL *121#

Check/change your calling plan, DIAL 1175

Add/check/change your data plan, DIAL 1175

Top up your balance (using a credit card!) NO THANKS

Transfer money or validity to another phone, DIAL *140

Send SMSs from your computer NO NEED AIS FOR THAT AND USE A FREE SERVICE

Guess the only real benefit is for themselves and use this game to collect information, information is money etc.

Nothing is for free in Thailand.

is the free sending SMS service reliable ?

If it is like teh post paid website, each SMS costs 1 baht. To announce a new number they will send upto 10 SMS's to your contacts for free. I have never used it, so no opinion on reliability.

I have been using the post paid version of this website for a year, it is great, I like paying my bill through there. I hate the one time password each time I login, but whatever.

This is called eService and has been around for a few years. I've been using for at least 18 months as I find it easier to do many of these things on my PC vs. my handset. No information is collected, I have not received any spam (email-obviously as I have not given them my email address; or SMS). You simply enter your phone number, then receive a 4 digit PIN, then use that to log in. Really quite easy and straight-forward.

FWIW I like the idea of a temporary, one-time PW as it might be more secure? Also nothing really to remember, you just look at the SMS and then enter into the field on the screen as you are already there requesting a PIN.

Edited by lomatopo

is the free sending SMS service reliable ?

If it is like teh post paid website, each SMS costs 1 baht. To announce a new number they will send upto 10 SMS's to your contacts for free. I have never used it, so no opinion on reliability.

I have been using the post paid version of this website for a year, it is great, I like paying my bill through there. I hate the one time password each time I login, but whatever.

I used an addon for IE from AIS if I want to send a SMS