Thai Website About Pc Maintanance Software, Will It Work ?

bangkokcitylimits

As certified partner of a Chinese software developer of recommendable PC maintenance tools I resell their products and can do anything I want. So three weeks ago I started building a website all in Thai language, as most Thais are not aware of (or not interested in) the importance of PC maintenance, and usually their system is an overfull stinking garbagebin.

This website gives Thais some good information in their own language, they can download the software for free and eventually purchase an upgrade (but also without the tools are very useful).

But, although I'm enthusiastic starting all kinds of projects, I got doubts if this project from the beginning has any chance to succeed in this ignorant culture.

Unless maybe with an expensive advertisements campaign in the popular magazines and university websites, but no such plans. Think I cancel the whole stupid project, as it's simply not a website with stupid Hello Kitty games, so just a nice illusion.

What do you think ?

the importance of PC maintenance

most Thais I know if they have a little problem they re format and start all over again, + often/mostly with a 100 baht cd. they say the newest cd's have the most resent updates on.

Even with no problems they appear to re format at least 2x per year... they keep there PC's sorta up-to-date at a fraction of the costs.. [myself could not be doing with the constant pop up from MS I see on there PC's and laptops]

Friend with a Business so PC is important get a man on a motorbike to come and fix it for the sum of 300 baht.

Problem here is there appears to be a man for every problem no matter what or how small, so yes the question would be how many would want to repair or do maintenance themselves, or even think about it

Well sounds like a great idea, to me, but I would make it is English as well, many people (Farangs!!!) I know are clueless about these things too.... An English lady asked me yesterday what a "Driver" was..... hmmmm! ;)Well for sure there are things on my computers I have no idea what they are for.... either.... so I count my self as a "dummy" sometimes too!

So easy to get lost in the maze of information.... on even some of the "simple" stuff some times.... 'cos we don't do many things often... not everyone are computer geeks! ...some might think they are!~~~.:lol:

I'd say good luck with the idea! Off course the biggest problem is many Thai's or even farangs cannot afford many of these "add on" programs.... etc....

I'm sure there will be others out there who will point you in the right direction..... good luck with it!

Well sounds like a great idea, to me, but I would make it is English as well, many people (Farangs!!!) I know are clueless about these things too.... An English lady asked me yesterday what a "Driver" was..... hmmmm! ;)Well for sure there are things on my computers I have no idea what they are for.... either.... so I count my self as a "dummy" sometimes too!

So easy to get lost in the maze of information.... on even some of the "simple" stuff some times.... 'cos we don't do many things often... not everyone are computer geeks! ...some might think they are!~~~.:lol:

I'd say good luck with the idea! Off course the biggest problem is many Thai's or even farangs cannot afford many of these "add on" programs.... etc....

I'm sure there will be others out there who will point you in the right direction..... good luck with it!

You are right, but in a country where they even sell brandnew PC's with illegal version Windows and loaded with everything illegal I wonder if there is a market for this. Who is so crazy to loose 600b on something that's 'only' to keep your system running well ? They just give other values to things here, willing to pay extra for netbook in Hello Kitty design with illegal Windows rather then for a normal model with original software on it.

I'll PM you some suggestions on free and easy PC maintenance.

Edited by bangkokcitylimits

Have you actually done any market research and asked Thais themselves?

Instead of asking what a Westerner thinks a Thai would think about such a service.

Just a thought.....

Market research ?

Seriously, I guess most westerners on TV know more about Thais then Thais know about themselves, sorry this ain't gonna work here, you never get straight answers.

Instead of asking what a Westerner thinks a Thai would think about such a service.

Just a thought.....

Market research ?

Seriously, I guess most westerners on TV know more about Thais then Thais know about themselves, sorry this ain't gonna work here, you never get straight answers.

I guess that's why so many multi-national market research companies cover Thailand then?

I'm still not sure if you're on a wind up, but you want to operate a business in a market where you have no respect for your customers? Yes your business will fail, but not for the reasons you cite.

Just a thought.....

Market research ?

I guess that's why so many multi-national market research companies cover Thailand then?

I'm still not sure if you're on a wind up, but you want to operate a business in a market where you have no respect for your customers? Yes your business will fail, but not for the reasons you cite.

if I could just find that green plus icon that used to be here, I would click it now!

Just a thought.....

Market research ?

Having respect for your customers is a critical part of running the business for sure, but first you need to understand your target, and that's more what this topic is about.

:coffee1:

Edited by bangkokcitylimits