Headset

justsignedin

Hi All,

I have just bought a headset for my computer, tried using for conversation on messenger and to listen to music, neither was successfull. Did manage to do a voice recording though so obviously no problem with the set, tried plugging into everywhere i can. Please can you advise. My operating system is xp professional, playback is windows media player.

Thanks in Advance,

JSI

In MSN messenger under the "Tools" menu is an "Audio Tuning Wizard." Try running this to configure your headset for optimum mic sensitivity / volume.

Also under your Volume control (Double click the speaker in your lower right corner of monitor) and try adjusting the volumes.

If this doesn't help, Check your Sounds and Multimedia control panel- make sure that correct devices and drivers are specified.

In MSN messenger under the "Tools" menu is an "Audio Tuning Wizard." Try running this to configure your headset for optimum mic sensitivity / volume.

Also under your Volume control (Double click the speaker in your lower right corner of monitor) and try adjusting the volumes.

If this doesn't help, Check your Sounds and Multimedia control panel- make sure that correct devices and drivers are specified.

Thanks Bino,

Tried the tuning wizard and volume controls. As for checking drivers etc that's beyond me, i don't know what they should be or how to change them, is their a easy way to check this out ?

just been into sound and audio devices, has a list of sound codecs, game port, cd player etc, looks like it is set on cd player at the moment, is this right ?. I was under the impression if you just plug the set in then the computer would automatically recognise them, and if, for example i wanted to listen to some music then it would playback through the headset ??????