Switching Tasks Facility Using The Mouse

RDN

I'm getting lazy (-er) in my old age and want to switch tasks using the mouse. I mostly have my browser and my email client running and after reading a post on Thaivisa using Firefox, I want to switch back to the email (Outlook Express).

But to do that I have to go all the way to the bottom of the screen to the task bar, and click on it there.

I was wondering if there was a way of getting the mouse to do this?

Any ideas?

Not sure about getting the mouse to do it, but using the keyboard and pressing the left alt key and tab key at the same time lets you flick through your open apps.

Yes, but I would like that function attached to a mouse button, if possible. As I said, I'm getting very lazy :o

I haven't done it, but AFAIK if you got one of those Logitech mouses with the five buttons [one extra on each side] you could program one of the extra buttons to do it...

Just an idea.

I just bought the Logitech MX1000 laser mouse and I'm in love. At the thumb side are three buttons, two to move forward and back one page (really great on TV) the middle one pops up a task window to allow quick change to any running tasks. The scroll wheel has two buttons above and below it to allow quick scroll through pages (again great with TV). The scroll wheel can also scroll left/right. It is wireless and the receiver is also the recharging base. Bit on the expensive side (3700B) but for me well worth it. Also, since it is laser it has 20 times the sensitivity of optical mice and can work on nearly any surface.

Disclaimer: I do not work for Logitech :o

I haven't done it, but AFAIK if you got one of those Logitech mouses with the five buttons [one extra on each side] you could program one of the extra buttons to do it...

Just an idea.

I just bought the Logitech MX1000 laser mouse and I'm in love. At the thumb side are three buttons, two to move forward and back one page (really great on TV) the middle one pops up a task window to allow quick change to any running tasks. The scroll wheel has two buttons above and below it to allow quick scroll through pages (again great with TV). The scroll wheel can also scroll left/right. It is wireless and the receiver is also the recharging base. Bit on the expensive side (3700B) but for me well worth it. Also, since it is laser it has 20 times the sensitivity of optical mice and can work on nearly any surface.

Disclaimer: I do not work for Logitech :D

Thanks Merlin and Tywais - I'll have a look at that Logitech. Seems exactly what I want but - as Tywais says - a bit expensive :o:D .