Saving Pictures In Windows Xp

Bull

Hi all,

When I first installed Windows XP in my laptop, I was asked if I wanted to save my files in CD using a new feature that Windows XP included (I am afraid I cannot remember the name now). I did so, which resulted to be a pain in the ass since I discovered later that many computers would not read the CDs saved in my laptop. Cds would appear as blank for other users.

Several months later, I had to reinstall Windows XP again, and when I got to the same question, I decided not to activate that feature, and I had no problem in maken my Cds compatible for other users too.

Problem is, now my own laptop cannot read the CDs I previously saved using such a useful new feature. Anybody could help me in retrieving those files without going through the pain of reistalling everything again??

Thanks guys. You have been of great help to me in the past. Hope you can get me out of this one too :o

Bull

Hi all,

When I first installed Windows XP in my laptop, I was asked if I wanted to save my files in CD using a new feature that Windows XP included (I am afraid I cannot remember the name now). I did so, which resulted to be a pain in the ass since I discovered later that many computers would not read the CDs saved in my laptop. Cds would appear as blank for other users.

Several months later, I had to reinstall Windows XP again, and when I got to the same question, I decided not to activate that feature, and I had no problem in maken my Cds compatible for other users too.

Problem is, now my own laptop cannot read the CDs I previously saved using such a useful new feature. Anybody could help me in retrieving those files without going through the pain of reistalling everything again??

Thanks guys. You have been of great help to me in the past. Hope you can get me out of this one too  :o

Bull

Hi, why not take the unreadable CD's to an internet shop and try and open them on 10 different machines. if you cant access the data on any of them, the CD's are foobarred!. Re-installing XP to enable this function(which i am not familiar with) would be of little benefit to you after the internet cafe experiment.

I cant think of anything else to say on this one, it seems very odd!!!!!

Hi. What type of CD did you use when saving? Because I've had a similar senario a few weeks ago. I used an audio CD instead of one for saving data on.

Other than that this seems very strange. From my previous knowledge I know you get a number of options when saving files on XP. I've been using Windows for the whole of my computer life but today I'm breaking up with Windows for Linux.

Ice Maiden

Edited by Ice Maiden