1-2-call Is Insane

rainman

This morning, i discovered by 1-2-Call balance reached 0.00 baht. No problem, i thought. I'll go re-fill it later today. Then it started. Messages from 1-2-Call pouring in saying that my balance is low. No, not only one message. I got 42 messages at 8am, another 12 messages at 10am and now around 1pm a stunning 142 messages, all of them saying the exact same thing. Now, i've deleted all of them and as i am typing this, i already have another 55...no, 56....well, you get it, messages in my SMS inbox.

To put it nicely: Is 1-2-Call nuts?

I called them a few minutes ago with my home phone asking them what the **** (censored by myself, insert your favorite word) is wrong and they got back to me with a "sir, its not possible you get so many SMS". Well, sure it is ...so i hung up and i'm on my way to the nearest 1-2-Call office to show them in person.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Note as i finish writing this, i have 72 new SMS already, sigh.

you know what, i topped up with 300 baht and then it said i have 40 baht remaining. i believe they charged me 1 baht for every message they sent me. and when i went to the office they said "the messages are not from 1-2-Call, we dont send this many". yeah right, its from your number. i'm this close to switching to another provider..

Edited by rainman

you know what, i topped up with 300 baht and then it said i have 40 baht remaining. i believe they charged me 1 baht for every message they sent me. and when i went to the office they said "the messages are not from 1-2-Call, we dont send this many". yeah right, its from your number. i'm this close to switching to another provider..

D-tac are pretty good.... cheap sms and calling charges

totster :o

I didnt refill my account for a while so they suspended my outgoing calls.I was told to refill my credit so I put 150 baht in (all I had on me at the time) still the same after doing so.I was then told to fill it with a 300 baht card ,which in theory would take me to 450b in credit.How wrong I was it was only 300b,they didnt count the 150b I put in and wouldnt give it back.Oh well you win some you lose some.

Then the next month exactly 1 month after they cut my calls they did the exact same again,suspended my account while it had say 100b still in it so once again I had to put another 300b in,they reactivated it and yes with only 300b.

The customer service center on Rama 3 was well,slow even for Thai standards (my wife went to sort it for me) they really know how to peeve their customers when they want to..........

Switch. It's the best you can do anyway. And you probably can save a lot.

I have made very good experiences with the service from Hutch and DTAC.

Hutch went out of their way to give me special conditions, after I was not happy with the contract changes. And I heard the same from others. They promised to call back, and they did, and gave me more than I hoped for.

DTAC messed up once, but their service did fix it again. They didn't even try to put the blame on me.

Orange was always easy too, but no problems yet, all works fine, so I could not really test their service. I like the SMS they often send: "You got a 50 baht bonus" :o

And AIS? Well, they win the price for stupidity, never again!

i'll have to check if 1-2-Call will let me transfer my number to another provider ...because its a "quite unique" number (only 2 different numbers for the whole number).

Edited by rainman

i'll have to check if 1-2-Call will let me transfer my number to another provider ...because its a "quite unique" number (only 2 different numbers for the whole number).

Call the AIS/One-2Call Center at 1175, press 2 for English. I've found them to be incredibly helpful and responsive. I am certain they do not have number portability like in the U.S., but they should be able to sort out the SMS thing?