Is Swinging Illegal In Thailand?

janderton

Swinging is perfectly legal in Thailand. You can buy one at any good local homebase store and I personally guarantee you will not be arrested.

It is also completely legal to have a swing with a female partner once in a while. Me and er indoors do it all the time, sometimes we invite friends.

post-110219-060850300 1287511641_thumb.j

post-110219-036129800 1287511653_thumb.j

Oh sorry, I got the wrong end of the stick. I now know what the OP is asking.

Well, to conclude this ridiculous thread and put the OP out of his misery, taking an educated guess because I'm no expert on the laws of Thailand, but I dare say that if a swingers party or call it an orgy if you like, whatever, was discretely held among friends or acquaintances and with no illegal substances involved, I doubt if anyone would bother you.

BUT; if someone was to organise a swingers party, advertise it and charge money as a business, especially if there were illegal substances involved, that it would probably be illegal and I would look forward to seeing you on television accompanied by those nice policemen making you reinact how you organised this illegal immoral, disgusting, shameful activity embarrassing all us decent god fearing folk.

Although I love my friends dearly, believe me you wouldn't want to see any of them naked and as I also would not wish to become mixed up in an illegal activity, I'll give this one a miss, thank you.

Hope this answers your questions?

Edited by Beetlejuice

Well, to conclude this ridiculous thread and put the OP out of his misery, taking an educated guess because I'm no expert on the laws of Thailand, but I dare say that if a swingers party or call it an orgy if you like, whatever, was discretely held among friends or acquaintances and with no illegal substances involved, I doubt if anyone would bother you.

BUT; if someone was to organise a swingers party, advertise it and charge money as a business, especially if there were illegal substances involved, that it would probably be illegal and I would look forward to seeing you on television accompanied by those nice policemen making you reinact how you organised this illegal immoral, disgusting, shameful activity embarrassing all us decent god fearing  folk.

Although I love my friends dearly, believe me you wouldn't want to see any of them naked and as I also would not wish to become mixed up in an illegal activity, I'll give this one a miss, thank you.

Firstly you fall flat on your face with your first reply. Then you call the thread ridiculous. Then you admit you're not an expert on the laws of Thailand. Then you proceed to explain to the OP how things are.

<deleted>??? :blink:

It started out OK. Typically European men and European wives. A few Thai wives began to mix in. And a few Thai couples. The Thai women seemed a bit uncomfortable.

Then the owner of the place got greedy or the European participation slacked off and he began to invite single men and fortified the female attendees with pros.

That was the beginning of the end along with taking movies and marketing them on the INTERNET.

If memory serves me correctly the big players dried up about 3 years ago.

I would have to say, at least from who I talk to and what has happened and who has gone to jail. Yes it is illegal.

Not a good new business idea.

So, having sex in Thailand is illegal? What about the Mia Noi(s)?

Of course, having sex with one person at a time is ok...even if they are married but having sex with more than one person (adult) at an arranged gathering, is illegal. How strange!

Unless someone can provide written proof, which says that having 'cost free' sex with multiple adult partners in Thailand is illegal, I refuse to believe it.

Making money from any such activity (ie prostitution) is already against the law.

Of course, having sex with one person at a time is ok...even if they are married but having sex with more than one person (adult) at an arranged gathering, is illegal. How strange!

Unless someone can provide written proof, which says that having 'cost free' sex with multiple adult partners in Thailand is illegal, I refuse to believe it.

Making money from any such activity (ie prostitution) is already against the law.

Exactly Mark's point. That is why prostitution is hard to prosecute, because nobody, other than the couple involved, is around to see the business end of the deal going down. That is also why prudish North American authorities use entrapment to catch customers and hookers involved in the trade. Sex by itself is not illegal, but once actual "CASH" is involved then it is somehow bad and perverted. However, for some strange reason, wining and dining a woman for the soul purpose of getting her into bed is not the same thing... even though the same amount of cash (or more) is involved. Buying a woman jewelry is not considered prostitution... even though the intent is to have sex with that woman.

Exactly Mark's point. That is why prostitution is hard to prosecute, because nobody, other than the couple involved, is around to see the business end of the deal going down. That is also why prudish North American authorities use entrapment to catch customers and hookers involved in the trade. Sex by itself is not illegal, but once actual "CASH" is involved then it is somehow bad and perverted. However, for some strange reason, wining and dining a woman for the soul purpose of getting her into bed is not the same thing... even though the same amount of cash (or more) is involved. Buying a woman jewelry is not considered prostitution... even though the intent is to have sex with that woman.

Thanks Ian. Although I don't completely agree with was Mark's original point(s).

Nonetheless, you have backed up the 'common sense' aspect of this discussion, which is seldom found on TV.

ok, can we say it, among thai laws

there is not offence for "swinging" ?

and those arrested during the party are charged of :

- lewd act (although in a private house?!), [patrons]

- pimping, [party's organizers]

- prostitution, [prostitutes]

are we 100% sure? because in some countries... ohmy.gif

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/babylonbeyond/2010/08/iran-two-more-persons-sentenced-to-stoning-for-adultery.html

BUT; if someone was to organise a swingers party, advertise it and charge money as a business, especially if there were illegal substances involved, that it would probably be illegal and I would look forward to seeing you on television accompanied by those nice policemen making you reinact how you organised this illegal immoral, disgusting, shameful activity embarrassing all us decent god fearing folk.

Firstly you fall flat on your face with your first reply. Then you call the thread ridiculous. Then you admit you're not an expert on the laws of Thailand. Then you proceed to explain to the OP how things are.

<deleted>??? :blink:

You`re right.

I don`t know who I am or where I am.

What I do know for sure is that I haven`t been invited to any good swinger parties lately. Think I have blown my chances writing that post.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Ah, Beetlejuice, and here I thought you had secret desires to see my old, grey body jiggling around naked. Now you've gone and hurt my feelings. :lol:

As long as you not do it publicly it can't be held as illegal in Thailand, but if you do it too public for example, in da public park haha, or in ur home but open windows widely,,, u will only be caught as Obscenity, which is not a big matter here.

But dunt rape haha,, according to the new law of thailand, even lady rape a man or a man rape a man the punishment is equal to man rape a woman.

Victor

Ah, Beetlejuice, and here I thought you had secret desires to see my old, grey body jiggling around naked. Now you've gone and hurt my feelings. :lol:

Well Ian, I doubt whether you would wish to see me in the altogether either. I`m affraid I have let myself go a bit and slipped passed my sell by date without noticing. But as they say; you are as young as the women you feel, which at this time is around late, late 40s because what with the economy being in the state it is, I cannot afford to go upmarket and invest in something younger.

Perhaps I should apply to those nice young girls that work with charity relief organisations?

Well Ian, I doubt whether you would wish to see me in the altogether either. I`m affraid I have let myself go a bit and slipped passed my sell by date without noticing. But as they say; you are as young as the women you feel, which at this time is around late, late 40s because what with the economy being in the state it is, I cannot afford to go upmarket and invest in something younger.

Perhaps I should apply to those nice young girls that work with charity relief organisations?

Not to worry. Very few young women are into swinging. If the lady is young she is probably a paid pro and that's what kills swing parties.

In my experience most of the women are 40's plus in the west and 30's plus, the few I have been to in Thailand.

No one seems to mind the age of the participants as long as the male can perform.

Personality and proficiency and enthusiasm carry equal weight with looks.

Of course you can imagine there is little drinking going on as it is not conducive to the main activity at hand.

Swinging generally has a bad reputation but there are some major benefits. It is a lot cheaper than having a mia noi or in the case of a wife a gik.

And safer, since robbers seldom go to swingers parties.

Swingers are not shy people as a rule. Mostly middle or upper class in my experience. Doctors, lawyers and such. Not many engineers.

Thai middle aged women seem to have a fantasy about Falang men and the Thai men seem to have a fantasy about Falang women. So if you have a mix of Thai and Falang couples everyone is happy.

Since the Thai couples are upper middle class professionals everyone speaks decent English. No communication problems.