Red Light Of Death, Again!

Richb2004v2

I bought Halo Reach today and got settled down for some A1 gaming. I downloaded it to my recently purchased hard drive, to lessen the heating effects, and downloaded. The game just kicked off when the red lights appeared! This is the fourth time in around three years on the same machine. So that's it. No more repairs for that machine. I guess it will head for the bin at some point. I will probably stay away from gaming for a while now. I don't suppose I'm the first to have this experience here.

Funny that. Today my Xbox died again. Though no RROD's Just colour problems and freezing. I have fixed it once already. Guess I'll have to open it up AGAIN and try and fix it. Have you tried to fix it yourself? Its not hard. Just a pain. Might even invest in a new one. But if i can resurrect it once more, then i shall give it go.

Funny that. Today my Xbox died again. Though no RROD's Just colour problems and freezing. I have fixed it once already. Guess I'll have to open it up AGAIN and try and fix it. Have you tried to fix it yourself? Its not hard. Just a pain. Might even invest in a new one. But if i can resurrect it once more, then i shall give it go.

The 3 red rings came today. I think I'll buy a new one. Actually the wife has offered to buy me one for my Xmas. Might have to take her up on that offer!

How would I go about fixing it?

To be honest it's probably for the best that it's dead. Maybe I can spend my gaming time reading more or doing something constructive.

YouTube. Thats what i done. It tells you how to do it and what you need to fix it. The parts you can buy for under $30.

• 2 weeks later...

Today i bought the silver thermal compound and will try once again to resurrect the Xbox until the new year when i'll get a new one. Fingers crossed.

Tried to fix it once yesterday and gave up. The wife TOLD me to go and get the new one. Who am i to argue? So have now got the new 250G version with Kinnect and game for $499 but i also had to buy a transfer cable for $25. fuc_king robbing bastards!!