Which Browser Do You Use?

markuk

Which browser do you use??  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I must be the other one, then, of the two so far who voted for Maxthon.

It's more versatile than Firefox because of its compatibility with IE.

It's also becoming the browser of choice where I work.

For normal browsing IE, as it will show almost al sites.

For testing websites i use both IE and Firefox.

It is a pity that both browsers are still not capable of showing XHTML strict + CSS properly so i fiddle with it until it shows acceptable on both.

Edited by Khun Jean

konqueror (Linux KDE) for everyday browsing. Rarely I stumble over a site it would not show.

Also for website development, but together with Firefox. The last step is then checking if they are also OK in Opera and IE.

Khun Jean, I find Firefox showing a quite good support of XHTML strict + CSS, actually the best of all. Where do you get problems with it?

But everyday browsing with IE? No way, once you get used to a tabbed browser, IE just sucks :o Currently I have 15 browser windows open, each with 5 to 10 tabs. With IE that would be 100 - 150 IE windows, what a chaos.

But everyday browsing with IE? No way, once you get used to a tabbed browser, IE just sucks  :o Currently I have 15 browser windows open, each with 5 to 10 tabs. With IE that would be 100 - 150 IE windows, what a chaos.

For this reason I use Opera mostly, although I prefer Firefox. In Opera, when I start it up, it reopens all windows that it ended the previous session with, so you just continue where you left off. Invaluable if you do a lot of research. Wish FF could do that.

99% of the time I use Firefox but on the occasion a site requires IE compatibility such as my Internet banking acount I use Avant Browser ( an IE replacement with tabbed browsing, popup stoppers and more)

Safari here. That's the browser that comes with Mac OS/X.

It's a nice piece of work with tabbed browsing and pop-up blocking.

I also like the fact that my bookmarks are automatically synchronized between the two computers I use (iMac and wireless PowerBook) and with the online bookmarks on my DotMac account. So, where ever I am, all my bookmarks are there without any effort on my part.

But everyday browsing with IE? No way, once you get used to a tabbed browser, IE just sucks  :o Currently I have 15 browser windows open, each with 5 to 10 tabs. With IE that would be 100 - 150 IE windows, what a chaos.

For this reason I use Opera mostly, although I prefer Firefox. In Opera, when I start it up, it reopens all windows that it ended the previous session with, so you just continue where you left off. Invaluable if you do a lot of research. Wish FF could do that.

And Opera did that already years ago. It is a great browser. I did switch to konqueror once it followed and could do the same, also years ago. On windows, Opera is still my preferred browser.

Safari here. That's the browser that comes with Mac OS/X.

It's a nice piece of work with tabbed browsing and pop-up blocking.

I also like the fact that my bookmarks are automatically synchronized between the two computers I use (iMac and wireless PowerBook) and with the online bookmarks on my DotMac account. So, where ever I am, all my bookmarks are there without any effort on my part.

BTW, Safari was created by Apple using the (free) code of Linux KDE's Konqueror browser and enhancing it a little, adding some useful features like the one you describe here. Apparently what you get free with Linux can't be too bad :D