Big Condos In Naklua Are Full?

fxm88

Except for maybe Aisawan I rarely see many people on the streets or beaches around the big condos in Naklua (e.g. Saranchol, Park Beach, etc.) and in the evenings very few of the rooms every seem to have any lights turned. I asked some of the motorcy taxi people that hang out in that area and they said the registers in those places are full. I find that kinda hard to believe. Do the people that live there just sit in their dark rooms watching TV? What's the story?

If the buildings have been there for 10+ years, then it is very possible that they have been sold out to Thais for a long time, and that the Thai people come in from Bkk once per month. My ex-gf's family had one many years ago, and used it very sparingly.

I do not know how accurate this is, but a friend of mine mentioned that a lot of the condos going up in Pattaya were selling out their 49% foriegn ownership fast. BUt, the other 51%, which would consist of Thais and holding companies, were moving little if at all, leaving a condo developer quite possibly short of cash to finish the buildings. Again, I do not know how true this is.

I have noticed that the new condo on Beach Road at Soi 3?, or Soi 4, named NorthShore does not seem to look a lot different than it did 6 months ago, but I have not been paying a lot of attention. Work may be being done in the plumbing and electrical aspects that I cannot see from my distant vantage point.

Anyone have any ideas?

If the buildings have been there for 10+ years, then it is very possible that they have been sold out to Thais for a long time, and that the Thai people come in from Bkk once per month. 

I'm pretty sure absentee ownership is right. Not just Thais but Farang also. I live in Siam Penthouse III (There is no I or II ?) and the units seem mainly empty but a lot of farangs and Thais show up on weekends or during their holiday time. My place is well managed and even has annual owners meetings but the only one scheduled since I moved in was in Bangkok which says something.

Is your condo well-maintained?

I have been to so many that are so poorly maintained, that I would really be angry if I had bought one. I am fortunate to own a house in a reasonably well-maintained development.

Collective social responsibility is a rarity in Asia outside of Japan and Singapore, and especially so in Thailand. It most certainly spreads its wings wide in condo management.

I would say that what you see is repeated in most condo blocks in Pattaya.Only a small precentage of the units seem to have anyone living there all year.During peak season this goes up considerably as it does on special holiday long weekends.Can be quiet await for the lifts then.Just look in the motorcycle parks you will see a lot of dust on many machines indicating the owners haven't been around for months and from the state of some of them a lot longer.

I have noticed that the new condo on Beach Road at Soi 3?, or Soi 4, named NorthShore does not seem to look a lot different than it did 6 months ago, but I have not been paying a lot of attention.  Work may be being done in the plumbing and electrical aspects that I cannot see from my distant vantage point.

Anyone have any ideas?

Northshore Condominium is on Soi 5 at Beach Road and there has been lots of construction activity on the site for months. Daily jackhammering indicates they are perhaps demolishing interior walls to reconfigure floor plans. Additionally they've added on and completed the concrete work for the final 2 or 3 floors of the building. Given the size of project even over several weeks changes are not readily noticeable.

-redwood

Edited by redwood13

Is your condo well-maintained?

I have been to so many that are so poorly maintained, that I would really be angry if I had bought one.  I am fortunate to own a house in a reasonably well-maintained development.

Collective social responsibility is a rarity in  Asia outside of Japan and Singapore, and especially so in Thailand.  It most certainly spreads its wings wide in condo management.

My place is well maintained, beautiful pool area, good security and front office mgmt. It was undergoing a complete exterior painting when I looked at the place, and the place. Apoligies were made for the painting, scaffolding everywhere etc, but I took it as a good sign. The building is an older one and this is a good sign that long term budgets for maintenace seem to be working.

Next to mine are two much larger newer, looking high rises. Park Beach and Silver Beach. Both are a lot pricier, but Park Beach has a crappy front area with a dingy abandoned looking front area with a large drain or exhaust hose coming out the front. It's looked like that as far back as I recall, more than a year. That, to me, is a sign of incompetent mgmt which would be a deal breaker. If I buy a 10 mil Baht condo I would like a nice looking exterior