Census Visit Today?

Taro

I had two people in a motorbike showed up at my home today. The guy seemed to just be driving. The woman had some forms. She asked a question and when I said I don't speak Thai, she gave me some papers in English. It was a Census form. I didn't think much of it at the time (the census people never showed up in September, so I thought maybe they missed some houses at that time), but now I'm rethinking it.

It asked standard census questions, such as how many people in the house, how many bedrooms... but then it also asked questions I found a bit weird, such as what electronics/appliances are in the house (TV, AC, computer), if I have cable or Internet... The questions seem a bit intrusive to me, but then again all my census experience has been in the US, where they don't ask you very personal questions. The form also asked for my name (I thought census were supposed to be anon). I guess I'm a bit paranoid now that this people know I'm a woman living alone and have all these electronics at home.

Is the census still going or should I be worried?

Edited by Taro

They asked the same when they came to visit me, wanted name, the country I was from.

I wouldn't get too worried, but I did check my contents insurance was paid up.

Yeah, it is a little creepy, isn't it? I think the name and electronics thing is the part that bothers me the most. I probably should've lied, but they took me by surprise so I didn't think anything of it.

They asked the same when they came to visit me, wanted name, the country I was from.

I wouldn't get too worried, but I did check my contents insurance was paid up.

Yeah, it is a little creepy, isn't it? I think the name and electronics thing is the part that bothers me the most. I probably should've lied, but they took me by surprise so I didn't think anything of it.

If it was a plan for theft, i dont think they wold be asking questions like that, they would only need to see the place to size up its value.