Uk Immigration

Hi all, Does anyone know when the new test for settlement visa comes into action

and if you put in an aplication before that date would you be exempt from doing the test

i have read that only the speak and listen test is needed but have not seen anywhere that does this part only

so if anyone knows of a link for the test in either thailand or england this would be greatfully appreciated

it would seem who makes up these extra rules dont think things through enough

surely this test should be available now:annoyed:

The test is available now. Sorry I don't know how to do links, I cut and paste this from #44 on current thread "Esol And Citezenship (sic) Tests"

"As an advertiser on the Thaivisa Pattaya Forum, we would like to inform members that we are offering the A1 English Test for Settlement visas in Pattaya. For further details, please see our website:

www.visa-2go.com "

The requirement for a settlement visa application kicks in on 29th November

Edited by Eff1n2ret

Two of our sponsors either provide these tests or can arrange them for you (if I've read their posts correctly!)

VisaPlus: see this post.

and

Visa2Go; see this post.

Hopefully the embsaay or visa application centre will at some point be providing more details of where these tests can be taken in Thailand.

Visas Plus was acting as a contact point for the English Test Centre in Pattaya and Bangkok. We understand, however, that because of some "issues" with the UKBA approved test provider in the UK, the English Test Centre has now decided to pull out.

We ( Visas Plus) are still able and willing to discuss the A1 tests with posters and other enquirers, and we hope to be able to provide new test centre contact details soon.

Edited by VisasPlus

Two of our sponsors either provide these tests or can arrange them for you (if I've read their posts correctly!)

VisaPlus: see this post.

and

Visa2Go; see this post.

Hopefully the embsaay or visa application centre will at some point be providing more details of where these tests can be taken in Thailand.

Just to make it clear, we are providing the test ourselves, we are up and running and we ran our first test session in Pattaya this week. We will be publishing dates for tests in Bangkok in the near future.

Please check our website www.visa-2go.com

List of UKBA approved tests providers + Google. Don't see why the Embassy should be expected to tell people where and how to book an English test!

Also, you could contact the the awarding bodies of the tests and they will tell you what accredited testing centres are available around the world. Details also available on most of their websites too.

Edited by bangkockney

Don't see why the Embassy should be expected to tell people where and how to book an English test!

It's called providing a service!

As you say, the test must be provided by an approved provider, so presumably when an applicant produces their pass/assessment result/whatever one wants to call it then the VAC or ECO must have some way of checking that it is from an approved provider; i.e. a list. I don't see why this list cannot be published so applicants and their spouses/civil partners can easily find out where to go. It's the least the government can do for the outrageous visa fees they charge!