U.S. drone attack kills five suspected militants in NW Pakistan

News_Editor

U.S. drone attack kills five suspected militants in NW Pakistan

2010-11-01 11:33:17 GMT+7 (ICT)

MIRANSHAH, PAKISTAN (BNO NEWS) -- At least five suspected militants were killed on early Monday morning when a U.S. drone carried out a missile strike in northwest Pakistan, officials said.

The U.S. drone carried out the missile strike in the country's North Waziristan where drone attacks are frequently carried out. Officials in the area, who did not want to be named, said at least five and possibly six suspected militants had been killed in the attack.

Monday's attack targeted a home in the Hyder Khel village of Mir Ali district in North Waziristan, which is several miles (kilometers) east of Miranshah.

There were no immediate reports of civilian casualties as a result of the U.S. drone attack. Similar attacks are frequently carried out by the United States to combat militants in the region, although the Pakistani government is against them.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2010-11-01

Drone attacks - the act of a coward :realangry:

The New American Foundation study in an analysis of U.S. drone strikes in Pakistan 2004-2010 released in February this year shows that the 114 reported drone strikes in northwest Pakistan from 2004 to the present have killed between 830 and 1,210 individuals, of whom around 550 to 850 were described as militants in reliable press accounts, about two-thirds of the total on average. Thus, the true civilian fatality rate since 2004 according to our analysis is approximately 32 percent.

The killing of civilians in drone attacks is an important and politically charged issue in Pakistan. The strikes are quite unpopular among Pakistanis, who view them as violations of national sovereignty, says the study.

The study shows that the 114 reported drone strikes in northwest Pakistan from 2004 to the present have killed between 830 and 1,210 individuals, of whom around 550 to 850 were described as militants in reliable press accounts, about two-thirds of the total on average. Thus, the true civilian fatality rate since 2004 is approximately 32 percent. Averaging the press reports in 2009 indicates that 502 people were killed, 382 of whom were described as militants, for an average civilian fatalityrate of 24 %.

http://www.asiantrib...-deaths-illegal

Edited by hobanse

Drone attacks - the act of a coward

Yet you have no problem with missile attacks and suicide bombings on civilians when the victims are Israelis.

The true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception, the one who lies with sincerity.

~André Gide

Drone attacks - the act of a coward

Yet you have no problem with missile attacks and suicide bombings on civilians when the victims are Israelis.

The true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception, the one who lies with sincerity.

~André Gide

What has this to do with Israel?

Troll.

It's all very simple. The terrorists can cease and desist their activities, or the Pakistanis can stop the activity. If not, then little bombs shall fall from the sky, and prevent these people from attacking others.

These bombs kill a lot of civilians too. Wanna one for Christmas? On your house? For the sake of global peace?

It's all very simple. The terrorists can cease and desist their activities, or the Pakistanis can stop the activity. If not, then little bombs shall fall from the sky, and prevent these people from attacking others.

These bombs kill a lot of civilians too. Wanna one for Christmas? On your house? For the sake of global peace?

I am sure terrorist's bombs, IEDs, suicide bombers and car bombs have killed many more innocent people than missiles from drones!

Edited by Jimi007

I am sure terrorist's bombs, IEDs, suicide bombers and car bombs have killed many more innocent people than missiles from drones!

You are sure?

And gives that anybody the right to kill civilians?

So do you take a missile attack on your house on Christmas for the sake of global peace?

Yes everything changed when Hussein became president.

Hussein would not go around invading other countries soverign territory & killing suspects with rockets.

On day one Hussein bestowed constitutional rights on all the little children of the world. Allah O Akbar.

You are sure?

So do you take a missile attack on your house on Christmas for the sake of global peace?

bah.gif Yet another hypocritical post... Brilliant...

I am not defending these missile attacks, i am against them. they kill also innocents.

If you don't mind them or think it is justified - you should accept the possibility to become one of the innocent victims too, otherwise you would be the hypocrite.

But of course you are one.

Edited by SergeiY

I do not believe the drone referenced here attacked on Christmas day. Nor do I believe any religious event was taking place.

Were there civilian casualties in this event? Please provide a link to a reputable information source that indicates there were "innocent" civilians killed.

I do note that the region where the drones delivered their payload is a warzone. Unfortunately, in a warzone, when terrorists hideunder the burqas of women and use children for shields, there will be some lives lost. Again, it is quite simple, the terrorists need to stop using their wives and children as public shields. The terrorists should should show the same care to their friends and families as you expect those that are targeted by these maniacs to demonstrate.

Edited by geriatrickid

I do note that the region where the drones delivered their payload is a warzone. Unfortunately, in a warzone, when terrorists hideunder the burqas of women and use children for shields, there will be some lives lost. Again, it is quite simple, the terrorists need to stop using their wives and children as public shields.

Bravo! :thumbsup:

I do note that the region where the drones delivered their payload is a warzone. Unfortunately, in a warzone, when terrorists hideunder the burqas of women and use children for shields, there will be some lives lost. Again, it is quite simple, the terrorists need to stop using their wives and children as public shields.

US drones killed 476 civilians, 13 terrorists

Published: Thursday, Aug 19, 2010, 0:02 IST

By Amir Mir | Place: ISLAMABAD

The Afghanistan-based American predators have carried out a record number of 50 drone strikes inside the Pakistani tribal belt in the first seven months of the year 2010 [between January and July to surpass last year’s 45 hits, killing 13 al-Qaeda and Taliban-linked terrorists at the cost of 476 innocent civilians.

According to the data compiled by Pakistani authorities, only 13 of the 50 strikes carried out by the US drones could hit their actual targets while the remaining 37 attacks went wrong due to faulty intelligence information, thus killing hundreds of civilians, including women and children.

On average, the Americans have carried out seven attacks per month and approximately two strikes per week during the last seven months. And for each terrorist killed, 33 civilians also had to die. The success percentage for the drone hits in the first seven months of 2010 thus comes to hardly 26%.

http://www.dnaindia.com/world/report_us-drones-killed-476-civilians-13-terrorists_1425426

US drones killed 476 civilians, 13 terrorists

Published: Thursday, Aug 19, 2010, 0:02 IST

By Amir Mir | Place: ISLAMABAD

The Afghanistan-based American predators have carried out a record number of 50 drone strikes inside the Pakistani tribal belt in the first seven months of the year 2010 [between January and July to surpass last year's 45 hits, killing 13 al-Qaeda and Taliban-linked terrorists at the cost of 476 innocent civilians.

According to the data compiled by Pakistani authorities, only 13 of the 50 strikes carried out by the US drones could hit their actual targets while the remaining 37 attacks went wrong due to faulty intelligence information, thus killing hundreds of civilians, including women and children.

On average, the Americans have carried out seven attacks per month and approximately two strikes per week during the last seven months. And for each terrorist killed, 33 civilians also had to die. The success percentage for the drone hits in the first seven months of 2010 thus comes to hardly 26%.

http://www.dnaindia....rorists_1425426

Just curious, there is a story on this forum about terrorist attacking a church full of worshipers in Iraq, where's your complaint about that, or the Taliban attacking schools and school buses full of children? According to U.N. reports, the Taliban are responsible for the majority of civilian deaths these days, any solutions to put a stop to that?

You are sure?

sergeiy you talk rubbish

I do not believe the drone referenced here attacked on Christmas day. Nor do I believe any religious event was taking place.

Were there civilian casualties in this event? Please provide a link to a reputable information source that indicates there were "innocent" civilians killed.

I do note that the region where the drones delivered their payload is a warzone. Unfortunately, in a warzone, when terrorists hideunder the burqas of women and use children for shields, there will be some lives lost. Again, it is quite simple, the terrorists need to stop using their wives and children as public shields. The terrorists should should show the same care to their friends and families as you expect those that are targeted by these maniacs to demonstrate.

Just curious, since when did these guys celebrate Christmas, so who cares if an attack took place on Christmas day ?

'SergeiY'

You made reference to this drone killing innocent civilians. I asked who and where and you replied with some article sourced from the Pakistanis. I don;t want to go off on a tangent about the reasons why the Pakistanis inflate numbers, so can we please deal with your sepecific claim?

The drone attack was recent and reported on 2010-11-01 11:33:17 GMT+7 (ICT) if you check the thread. Why are you using a report from Aug 19, 2010, 0:02 IST ?

Was time travel involved?

Again, I ask you to back up your claim that this drone attack took out non combatants.