New Internet Laws

kbamfield

i have done a bit of searching on the net to find info on various countries and their progress in getting e-commerce and internet laws into play

i found info on Thailand and contacted the relevant department and their web says the laws are in draft form and not yet passed- this could be out of date and the department in charge never got back to me

does anyone know if Thailand has passed these laws?

thanks

Guest IT Manager

The Internet related laws have not been passed to date, but they are used on an ad-hoc basis.

I try to keep in touch with legislative change and keep board members apprised of those changes.

Sorry can't comment on specifics at this point.

please note that on October 18, 2001, the Thai Parliament endorsed the "Act Governing Electronics Transactions B.E. 2544 (2001)". However the other e -commerce laws have not been enacted. Details of their status are as follows:

1. Data Protection Law and Universal Access Law are now pending with the Minister of the Ministry of Information and Communications Technology before passing to the following next steps: the Cabinet, the Office of the Council of State and the Parliament.

2. Computer Crime Law is now pending with the Office of Council of State, and

3. Electronic Fund Transfer Law is still being drafted by the National Electronics and Computer Technology Center (NECTEC) and the Bank of Thailand.