Motogp 2011

Miiyai46

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rain in Spain (or Portugal), I hope not, its pouring down here at the moment, thunder and lightning, very very frightening. A spot of rain for the wedding perhaps also.

Think the bike can stay in the garage today. How did Jenny go, I saw Tommy Hill and Shaky were the winners, I was hoping Joshimura Brookes would do something, he crashed race 1 didnt hear race 2, maybe they only have one bike

Well I have booked flights, tickets and hotel rooms for the Sepang MotoGP in October.

Will bring my good lady and my youngest daughter ( 3 ), who actually slept through the whole of the 2009 British MotoGP at Redgate Corner ( how cold was that ).

Will be with my younger brother and another friend from England will join us too. Booked rooms in the Concorde Inn near the airport and hope to meet up with some forum members.

Cheers

Finally MotoGP is back............in my opinion pole and races will be as follow

MOTOGP: 1. Lorenzo, 2. Stoner, 3. Simoncelli. Pole: Lorenzo - ***If raining Rossi will win the race.

Moto2: 1. Iannone, 2. Márquez, 3. Smith. Pole: Márquez

125cc: 1. Faubel, 2. Terol, 3. Folger. Pole: Terol

60% chance of rain for today but it seems that the race will be dry.

Cheers and enjoy the races!

Well I have booked flights, tickets and hotel rooms for the Sepang MotoGP in October.

Will bring my good lady and my youngest daughter ( 3 ), who actually slept through the whole of the 2009 British MotoGP at Redgate Corner ( how cold was that ).

Will be with my younger brother and another friend from England will join us too. Booked rooms in the Concorde Inn near the airport and hope to meet up with some forum members.

Cheers

If the lamyai is looking good I will bring the fam along too, here's hoping.

It looks a bit dodgy weather wise in Estoril, my bet would be Lorenzo for pole, I'll come back on 9pm Thai time after I watch it on CH107, starts at 19:55. Apparently Simoncelli is fastest after FP1/2, Lorenzo, Pedrosa, Rossi=Stoner

Lorenzo Chupa Chup Yourgay on pole, Simoncelli 2nd but chucked it away again, DP 3rd, and Stacey 4th, Quack 9th. If track condition is dry Lorenzo will win this race. He is fastest on all splits except the first. I expect Stacey will get a good start behind Yourgay and end up second. Marco remains upright he's there somewhere. Speaking of Marco, yours truly havin a beer with him after he won the 250 championship

post-87221-0-50732800-1304174831_thumb.j

Like the photo mate.

Funny.

I would like to see Marco win tomorrow, he is edging closer all the time but just seems to fall the wrong side of the knifes edge to often.

I do think Lorenzo will do the business though, not sure about Dani after the operation.

I'll be cheering Cal K on too.

And the no 46, in fact I don't really have any favourite as I have great respect for all the guys out there. So I'll be cheering everyone on!!!

Cheers

Lorenzo Chupa Chup Yourgay on pole, Simoncelli 2nd but chucked it away again, DP 3rd, and Stacey 4th, Quack 9th. If track condition is dry Lorenzo will win this race. He is fastest on all splits except the first. I expect Stacey will get a good start behind Yourgay and end up second. Marco remains upright he's there somewhere. Speaking of Marco, yours truly havin a beer with him after he won the 250

championship

Great picture!

I was in Sepang on that day too, I got few pictures with all Simoncelli's team celebrating the championship...will upload a picture next week!

Cheers

Fantastic Pedrosa, he has finally showed all of us that he can also do a breaking overtake. Lorenzo could not keep his pace and just concentrated in taking very important points for the championship.

Rossi and the Ducati have shown some improvement but still very far from the top riders.

Simoncelli crashing again.... He should take it easy on race day.... I guess he will win this year race at Mugello or Misano.

Cheers

Cheers

Nice one.

The fastest midget in the world really did the business in Portugal. Not only is the smallest guy in the world but he has the biggest neck muscles and huge testicles also.

Rossi is getting better but still not up there, fifth. If I could manage a fourth place in a MotoGP race I would consider myself a racing god, but.......I would have to had been dreaming anyway.

:)

Great race from both Dani and Jorge, couldn't help but cringe listening to Moaner explaining his excuses on why he didn't win. Blaming other riders.

( better say nothing Casey )

Both Jorge and Dani were on fire though.

Turning to Moto2.....the Iannone show was shot down in full flight, what a remarkable guy he is , " crazy joe ". No credit can be taken away from Bradl though, top draw mate.

My heart goes to Yuki Takahashi this weekend though, great respect was shown on the podium in honour of his brother. So glad no champagne was sprayed around...........really touched my heart.

Two weeks and the show goes to France.

Marco Simoncelli, does he remind you of a certain world champion called Lorenzo and his performance in 2009? King crasher.

Watch this space...........he will be a championship leader in the next couple of years.

Edited by soihok

Goes to show how wrong you can be, I thought Lorenzo had it won, but Dani did the pass that he threatened so often, he must have practiced it 15 times, I thought he couldn't do it, but then he pulled away.

Masterful.

Lorenzo, locked up the points, Stacey's got to stay away from crazy Italians, wait until Crazy Joe Iannone gets there.

Marco, Marco, Marco get a haircut or sumpin

Here's Randy doin a mono

post-87221-0-40682900-1304297477_thumb.j

Marco Simoncelli.

Watch him go at Le Mans in two weeks, its only a matter of time before he wins a race ( and finishes one ).

Cal Crutchlow managed to knock 2 seconds off his fasteset race lap during Mondays testing......way to go Cal!

Any forum members commiting to a trip to the Malaysian MotoGP in October?

I,ve booked flights, hotel and tickets already B)

Jorge LORENZO, Dani PEDROSA, Casey M(ST)ONER, Valentino ROSSI.

Nicky HAYDEN, Andrea DOVIZIOSO.

Long way to go, not a lot in it in the top six. 30 - 65.B)

Malaysian MotoGP in October, like to go but next year for me, how is it riding down through south Thailand the Mrs is soo scared.

Edited by Kwasaki

Eugene Laverty, well done!! the double at Monza Superbikes, and to get past Melandri on the last lap, brilliant, and of course race 2 was contraversial, Biaggi was unfairly given a stop-go penalty, Or was he? he was alone upfront, and made a mistake, similar to the first race, Nobody pushed him off the track, there was nobody near him, i believe that the judges saw him as a danger to himself and possibly other racers, and the stop-go was a sign for him to obey the race command or get a race ban or something,

The Roman Emporer has been racing a long time, and with a lead of 2+secs, he should have put in consecutive laps to the end, but to mess up like he did, questions should be asked!

Two great races, well Eugene, epic.

I had an evening of watching both the races with the F1 inbetween. I actually fell asleep watching the F1. Which is no surprise is it?

I think the punishment was too harsh for Max. Its as if he didn't make up any ground and was sitting up for a while after bypassing the chicane.

Great races, the last lap overtaking of Marco was great.

Personally I think you'd be alright riding through South Thailand but I understand the Thai fears due to their soldiers and others getting knocked off all the time, which we dont get to hear as much of in English. Mrs BT wouldn't go that way either.

I will fly if possible but Soihok cant commit right now.

Turning to the races yes Max was unlucky although didn't Haga get a ride through as well in Race 1, these are experienced guys and they have a lap timer in their electronics dont they? Plenty of others did it but they got more leeway it seemed so maybe the officials judged Max and Nori a bit harsher or as should have known better. Max should have made sure he lost a fraction more I think.. I dont think he will win it this year the ball just isn't bouncing for him, Checa is the man, although he dropped his lunch at the end. It wouldn't be the first Duke to blow up at Monza I'm sure. What a track. Pity the next race is on in the wee small hours have to watch the replay I think, Checa likes Salt Lake City he's done a double there so. Great to see Laverty pass Melandri like that and do the double, he's upped his ante hope he can keep it up

Quite right Bluetongue, all Max had to do was look down at his engine, thump the front brake master cylinder, or similar, anything to loose a sec, and join just in front of the oncoming pack, his race pace would have secured him 1st place, a fella with Maxs experince and didnt do this, well, who knows?

Marco Simoncelli will be on the podium this weekend in France.

He really does remind me of Lorenzo before he got his act together and stopped falling off.

To say that he is doing this on a satellite Honda and not a factory Honda is an achievement in itself.

Go for it Marco.

Marco Simoncelli.

Watch him go at Le Mans in two weeks, its only a matter of time before he wins a race ( and finishes one ).

Cal Crutchlow managed to knock 2 seconds off his fasteset race lap during Mondays testing......way to go Cal!

Any forum members commiting to a trip to the Malaysian MotoGP in October?

I,ve booked flights, hotel and tickets already B)

I would love to join you for this year Malaysian GP but i cannot......I've used up all my annual leaves :-( , this is one of the few bad things to be working in HK as we got very few annual leaves!

As promised....my picture with Simoncelli during his WC celebrations in Sepang few years ago. Bluetongue, I've checked all my pictures and see whether I had any good picture with you on it but i do not have you in my pictures.

Cheers

post-104445-0-28528300-1305171299_thumb.

Le Mans GP this weekend:

MotoGP: 1. Lorenzo, 2. Rossi, 3. Pedrosa. Pole: Simoncelli

Moto2: 1. Iannone, 2. Simón, 3. Luthi. Pole: Iannone

125: 1. Terol, 2. Faubel, 3. Zarco. Pole: Terol

Ducati has changed chassis and engine after the race in Estoril and it seems that Rossi is feeling much better after this changes/improvements....I hope it is true as I want to see him on top again!

Cheers

Cheers Miiyai.

Will only be taking 1.5 days annual leave to go to the races at Sepang. Going with my wife, youngest daughter, my brother and a friend from England. Saying that, the flight is less than an hour from here in Singapore. My wife will be cheering on Rathapark in Moto2, and Rossi of course.

I can't wait for the races this weekend and its only Friday.

I,m not too sure that Rossi will be on the podium but I hope I,m wrong. I do think that Jorge and Dani will though. Perhaps Casey will make an appearance and don't forget Spies, Marco and perhaps Cal C.

This year has not got off to a good start for Dovi either.

Moto2 will see the Crazy Joe show again, he is the man of the moment.

I would lie to see Redding do well as he hasn't scored a point yet this season. Bradley, well we'll have to see.

I lived in HK for almost 5 years, I left in 2000 when I got a job in Taiwan. I did miss the place for some time after I left but returning would be a different ball game. I was young free and single then, now I,m not so young and married with two kids.

Happy I don't have to return to my country of origin though, England, what a deppressing thought.

Cheers

Good to hear the banter is as strong as ever between the best riders riders in the world.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/169177/1/lorenzo_responds_to_rossi_pussies_jibe.html

Three Honda's in the top three in free practice.

I don't think much of the free practice, its the timed practice that seperates the puppies from the pussies :D

Great banter.......in F1 it would be lawsuits... :lol:

It will be nice to see a non official bike winning the race....go for it Marco!! A win will means a Repsol bike for him next year!

Many changes in Ducati but the gap with the top riders is still big....it will be a tough year for Rossi and all his fans....including me.

Cheers and enjoy the races

125s Are on as I write Terol has got a battle on his hands with Maverick Vinales a 16 year old with Paris Hilton sponsorship. I think Terol will win it though.

OK you guys I know Stacey is not so popular but I'll defend him a bit. He is the only one who gets interviewed regularly that is a native English speaker, so the ear tends to focus on what he is saying. I am sure DP and the others do more of their complaining and whinging in their native tongues, in fact the Italian and Spanish press reportedly thrive on it. I wont criticise him too much for its a serious business after all. Having watched him be abused at Sepang by a drunken Aussie I've got a little sympathy for him. Anyway thats my rant.

Today I think Stacey will do it, you will almost certainly see Marco in the lead at some stage, I hope he does not do anything stupid, but I think Stoner Pedrosa Lorenzo

Moto 2 Luthi Bradl Iannone

125s Are on as I write Terol has got a battle on his hands with Maverick Vinales a 16 year old with Paris Hilton sponsorship. I think Terol will win it though.

OK you guys I know Stacey is not so popular but I'll defend him a bit. He is the only one who gets interviewed regularly that is a native English speaker, so the ear tends to focus on what he is saying. I am sure DP and the others do more of their complaining and whinging in their native tongues, in fact the Italian and Spanish press reportedly thrive on it. I wont criticise him too much for its a serious business after all. Having watched him be abused at Sepang by a drunken Aussie I've got a little sympathy for him. Anyway thats my rant.

Today I think Stacey will do it, you will almost certainly see Marco in the lead at some stage, I hope he does not do anything stupid, but I think Stoner Pedrosa Lorenzo

Moto 2 Luthi Bradl Iannone

Agree on what u r saying about Stoner but he is very nervous this year.

Yesterday he was complaining about Aoyama during qualifying, this morning he punched De Puniet during warm up session, he has been fined with 5,000 euros!!

http://www.motogp.com/en/photos/2011/Casey+Stoner+Randy+de+Puniet+Repsol+Honda+Pramac+Racing+Le+Mans+WU+1

Stoner, pls enjoy racing but take it easy mate!

A 16 year old Spaniard named after Tom Cruise in Top Gun wins the 125s, an 18 year old Spaniard in his 50th GP wins the Moto 2, the Armada certainly has plenty of midshipmen coming through, but the MotoGP was a cracker for a while as well, the Spaniards had no luck.

What a shame about Pedrosa breaking his other collarbone, he'll be like Barry Sheene soon, have to move down under for the warmer weather not to affect all the steel in him.

Even though the move from Simoncelli was desparately late, how come he got a ride through and Valentiono did not when he did a similar desparately late move on Stoner. Who controls these penalties?

Rossi fans might have got a boost but I think he is now 5th in the championship not 4th. Mushy Spies has been the big disappointment of this season so far.

Agree on what u r saying about Stoner but he is very nervous this year.

Yesterday he was complaining about Aoyama during qualifying, this morning he punched De Puniet during warm up session, he has been fined with 5,000 euros!!

http://www.motogp.co...ng+Le+Mans+WU+1

Stoner, pls enjoy racing but take it easy mate!

Hi Miiyai

I think Stacey finally let his riding do the talking, good to see Valentino put a move on Lorenzo what