Motogp 2011

Miiyai46

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ive just got a reply from a letter i wrote to Stoner,asking him if i could ride his bike when he came to Maylasia, his reply was,NO YOU CANT, and he couldnt even spell cant properly!!!!

At least you got a reply but I wouldn't think for a moment it would be his decision. :D

This years pretty much a done thing.

Stoner 300 Lorenzo 260 Dovizioso 196 Pedrosa 195 Spies 156 & Rossi 139 still the same after being bumped off, I can't believe he is still in 6th place.

It's only down to Stoner and Lorenzo but that said Stoner hasn't got to do any better than 4th for next three races even with Lorenzo winning the last three.

Talking from the Brit side of things like to see what Cal could do on a Honda, and Brady Smith in MotoGP 2013, maybe they will be teamed up.

Edited by Kwasaki

Ive just got a reply from a letter i wrote to Stoner,asking him if i could ride his bike when he came to Maylasia, his reply was,NO YOU CANT, and he couldnt even spell cant properly!!!!

Perhaps he was not trying say can't but calling you a cant.

This has got to hurt,,,, a lot.

Quote from Crash.net

"Thanks to Casey Stoner, the 800cc Ducati Desmosedici has never lost an Australian Grand Prix, winning for the past four years.

That looks set to change in 2011, with Nicky Hayden and Valentino Rossi just ninth and 13th on the combined Friday practice timesheets at Phillip Island, which were again led by Stoner, now on a Honda."

And it doesn't stop there, it gets worse.

"Tomorrow we'll try stronger painkillers for my hand, and from a technical point of view, we'll look for a different solution to improve the front and to do better than thirteenth place. We won't change the setup completely. We'll probably move the position of the front wheel, but we're just talking about small changes.”

And worse, check this out.

"Nine time world champion Rossi now has just three more chances, starting this weekend, to avoid his first ever winless season in grand prix."

:o:o:o

Interestingly, where I park my Street Triple R everyday there suddenly appeared a Ducati 999 in the next bay this morning. This has been after a year of lining up with a Honda Phantom, a 1700cc Yam custom thing, a Pulsar 150 ( from India ), and the usual chicken chasing machines. Maybe this was an omen, but I doubt it. How embarrasing for the Doctor and Ducati.

I hope Casey dosen't win the championship this weekend. Cos, the Soihoks will be there in Sepang next week to see the real thing :) Can't wait.

By the way, what happened to Miiyai46?

Edited by soihok

Sounds as if Thailand will not be cheering R. Wilairot on at Sepang after he was air lifted to hospital following receiving an exocet up the rear called Marquez.

What a shame!!!!!

Probably the last we will see of him now due to the fact of his dreadful form this year. Ride for next year? Maybe, but very much doubt it.

Anyway, sad end to a sad year........get well soon matey!!

Well it seems Feem Ratthapark Wilairot will get a last start in Valencia, still unfit for Sepang. It would not surprise at all if he does not get another chance next year in Moto2. I haven't followed the genesis of Moto 3 at all but if Honda has an interest in that it would seem to be more up his alley, he might be too old I suppose if they still have the age restriction. Mind you I think I reported here much earlier this year that I saw him interviewed on Thai TV and he was supposed to have recovered from his head and body injuries but to my laymans eye, clearly had not. Better in retrospect for him to have sat out the season. He then would have avoided Marquez running at full pace up his slowing backside. The commentators blamed his team for sending out an 18 year old kid with not enough time to do a timed flying lap, but telling him to keep going on the slow down lap to make sure the bike was alright after an earlier crash. The penalty given turned out to be almost nothing, Spanish inquisition it was not.

Even though Casey blitzed it, with the weather at Phillip Island there was always a chance that he might not finish. To have only 14 start and 9 finish shows it was a very hard weekend on the riders, its so windy there, seemed to be the worst problem this year.

By now those going to Sepang will probably already be there, I think Lorenzo and Pedrosa will fight out victory here how is that for a rough tip. The interest will be with the Moto 2 fight for sure.

Cheers BT.

We are leaving to Sepang on Saturday and will have a hell of a weekend!!!!!

This is the first break from work that I,ve had since Feb., will see my youngest brother for the first time in a year.

Nice one.

I'm happy that Spies is riding but understand about Jorge, losing a finger, in Aus.

Cheers

We were sat in the grandstand facing the crash and saw it happen.

There was great gasp from the crowd then pretty much silence for a while.

It was a terrible crash, he was left unattended for ages laying on the track surrounded by yellow crash barriers. It was clear that something was very wrong, the ambulance eventually arrived and he was actually dropped whilst being stretchered towards it. This drew a lot of shouts from the crowd

There was no announcement on his condition or the situation from the PA system but when the bikes were later being put back into the garages we feared the worst and the crowd started to leave the circuit. It was a very grim, sad journey back to the hotel and the mood there was very sombre. It wasn't only until a couple of hours later that we learned that Marco had died.

RIP MARCO #58 . We will not forget you !

Hi Street 6 mate to be there must have been upsetting for you and the missus and soihokling, I hope you were able to deal with it

On TV we did not see the loading into the ambulance only the ambulance driving along the bumpy off track, why it wasn't on the track as the race had been stopped only Dorna and God knows. Presumably Dorna has issued instructions to the broadcasters not to film as we all remember Daijiro Kaito being treated like a sack of potatoes at Suzuka all those years ago.

But live it looked horrific and my gut feeling is it was too late anyway.

Its hard to be objective in the emotional heat so I think I'll leave further posting on the subject until things cool down. (Not on this space mind you where I think we are broadly speaking of one mind but on the net there is a lot of crap about this already from Julie know all and henry half wit).

Marco Simoncelli

1987, January: Born Cattolica, Italy

2002: Wins the European 125cc title

2008, June: Wins his first 250cc race at the Italian GP

2008, October: Wins the 250cc World Championship

2009: Finishes third in the 250cc World Championship

2010: Moves up to MotoGP class riding for Honda

2011, June: Claims first MotoGP pole at Catalunya GP

2011, August: First podium finish at Czech Republic GP

2011, October: Second place at Australian GP

RIP Marco ! As said already a great rider and all round nice guy.

Condolences to his family & friends from a fan with tears in his eyes,

see you on the other side Buddy. K

Edited by Kwasaki

As we all know, Marco was a fast and determined rider, RIP Marco..

I do have concerns about Sepangs medical facilities, on the comentators screens and on TV was a messeage that the Moto race was cancelled due to the medical center coudnt cope with another big accident , it didnt say but Axel Pons was also in the center with a nasty bang on the head, im wondering if they had medi-vac airlift to the nearest hospital? even to the close by KL airport which should have a well equipped med-center,

I would have thought a 10 lap dash would have been in order, it wont bring Marco back, but it would have satisfied the fans who travelled a long way, and im pretty sure Marco would have wanted the race to carry on, the noise and the fans cheering he could take to his grave, he lived for racing,and died for it,

Again, RIP Marco,,,,,,,,,,,,

For the few of us who are posting on this forum, Bradl is world champ.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/174597/1/moto2_marquez_out_stefan_bradl_champion.html

Very much over shadowed by the tragic passing of Marco, but Marco will be applausing all the same.

Will be a sad yet celebratory end to the year.........SIC would want a celebration.

Edited by soihok

The last round of the year, massively over shadowed by the loss of #58.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/Valencia+to+pay+tribute+to+Marco+Simoncelli+on+Sunday

Two world champions will be crowned today ( Bradl already confirmed as championship winner ), which is not something that happens every week, so congrats to Terol ( unless he has a disaster ) in advance. Great to see that Danny Webb is on the front row of the grid.

I watched the qualifying and was really impressed by Randy D,P's effort and he almost stole a front row start.....great laps from him. It was also good seeing the Doctor hold 4th for a while.

Watching Casey Stoner slide that bike through one of the turns was awesome and it'll be great to watch him next year on a 1000cc bike. His fastest lap was a second faster than Dani, in second.

Bad crash for Dovi.

Let the speed begin towards the end of the day......

Honda power was awesome this year, typified by the last overtaking manouevre of the year.

The race was spoiled by the first corner spill, 4 riders down, its a pity because the last race usually throws up some unusual results, and while it still did to some extent, for instance I thought Rossi and Hayden, and perhaps Bautista all had possibilities of a podium , but anyway.

Over to next year already testing 1000s and I see Bautista has the Gresini bike, presumably its a factory Honda as before, he's lucky isn't he, does that mean no more Suzuki, off to the net to find out

Randy De Puniet got a last minute ride on the 800cc Suzuki during the recent tests.

He was fourth fastest at one point on Monday but the times soon came down in the following days.

Lets hope Suzuki doesn't throw the towel in just yet.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/174811/1/de_puniet_i_want_suzuki_motogp_ride.html

I,m well impressed by Cal Cruthlow's performance. Fourth fastest !!

Hi all

Well 2 points, I'm not sure about Suzuki I didn't look as I said I would as I saw DePuniets name on the timesheets and made the assumption that they would still be in it, but I now assume that you Soihok have found out that Suzuki are no longer in it and DePuniet was just a last minute replacement for Bautista in the test they had arranged (although I cant think why if they were pulling the pin). And what is with these CRT bikes are they some kind of permanent underclass?

Secondly about Marco, champion that he was, this year he did often push the envelope early in the race, and had, I feel (without studying statistics) more than his share of early in the race incidents. Luck wasn't with him in Malaysia, the way a fairly simple lowside rebounded onto the track. His team is much lauded but perhaps Fausto Gresini could have nipped him in the bud a bit, after all he was never going to threaten the championship or the front trunners this year, he had time to consolidate. I know its a hard call to slow a rider down but I'm really only talking about the "to finish first, first you have to finish" philosophy.