Cheap Monthly Rent!

kevbap

Hello Northern Thailand, hope you got over the cold snap! hahahaha only 5/6 degrees here in London!

Anyway i'm coming back to Asia very soon, just need to stay in Chiangmai for a month or two, and i was wondering if some one can give me some pointers on where to stay? i dont need a big place, wi-fi would be nice but not a problem. dont need air-con, i have lived in Koh Samui without it so this should be easy!

So a recap, how much rent per month and where? costs of renting a motorbike?

thats about it thanks, i will look forward to reading your comments, Kevin

There are many guest houses all over CM, especially between Thapae Road and Loi Kroh Road, and inside the moated area.. Many rent on an extended basis and you can probably get a room with a fan for between 2000 - 3500 baht. I suggest just coming here, rent a room for a couple of days and walk around to the various guest houses until you find something that you like within your price range. There are numerous places to rent bikes also. Generally a 125 cc bike will run you 150 baht a day. Obviously cheaper if you rent by the week or month. Again, just walk around - they are everywhere. However, they will want your passport for collateral. This is standard practice. Make a copy of your passport to carry with you. If you want something bigger than a 125cc, look up Tony's Big Bikes Chiang Mai on the Internet. If you want a nice massage, try Dokmai Massage on Thapae Soi 1 (see Google Earth placemark). The owner, Ooy, is a very nice, talkative Thai lady and she can give you all sorts of information about the local area and a great massage too. She helped me find a place for 2000 baht a month last year. Have fun!

Dokmai Massage.kmz

Edited by connda