Affirmation To Marry Translation

A family friend just went to Siam Computer on Ngamwongwan, to get her boyfriends Affirmation to Marry translated into Thai, ready for tomorrow morning, Siam Computer quoted her 4,000baht for this service.

I informed her that the going rate is around 400 to 800 baht. She will get done at a place opposite the MFA, but Siam Computers prices are a bit too expensive.

Just did the process myself the other week. Brit Embassy in morning, picked up 'Certificate Free to Marry' at 1pm hopped in taxi over to MFA. Take the foot bridge over the main road in front of the MFA, there is a place selling wood houses, next to that a coffee shop and a translation office - charged B.300 and took around 10 mins. Back over bridge to MFA submit papers and request 'express' service B.800 instead of the normal 400. Collected all finished docs from MFA at 4.25pm. Job finished in one day!!!

In late august this year, I used an agent (who I met outside the British Embassy after collecting the endorsed AFM) to do the translation and take it to the MFA to be notarised. The cost was 1800 baht, which includes the MFA fee & postage by EMS to my house in Buriram. I did this because I had business back in Buriram to take care of. The cost of the translation alone is 250 baht for one page. The agent got the docs on the Tuesday and I received them in Buriram the next Monday. Using an agent removes the hassle of potentially incorrect translations and multiple visits to the MFA. PM me if you want a scan of the agents business card....