Dual Band N Modem Router

naidraw66

I'm looking for a dual band N Modem Router (all in one) and would like some advice/suggestions from individuals that have already purchased here in Thailand. I have been looking in Pantip and to be quite honest the range available is very limited.

Thanks

IW

IMO the best brand available in Thailand is Linksys.. and their more professional parent company Cisco if you can find a retailer.

Unfortunately most Thai resellers rarely carry the more expensive models of a lineup.. and dual band N routers are at the top..

Good luck.

Try Thanni or Shop4thai they both have what you want. Down side is that you need to know what you want because they don't walk you through deciding. I have used Thanni and they are fast and their prices are most of the time better than Pantip. The advantage of Pantip is instant gratification, you walk out with your modem.

Pantip. 4th floor. Near the down esclator is a shop selling networking products.

A short discussion will probably result in a suggestion from them as to best model currently available.

Seems to me like the best modem router I saw last time was around 4500 baht. Forget what brand but it was NOT linksys/cisco.

I have a 3COM one which is good.

For geeks:

dual band N

I think there have been one or two threads recently on this topic so a search might yield additional details/info.

FWIW most of the dual-band wireless routers I've seen here are first-gen, so 1+ years old. Also many of the first/current gen. only support one band operation at a time so you have to choose/manually switch. You have to go higher up the model lines to get true, simultaneous dual-band operation, if you need that.

I think the Linksys E3000, 5,450 THB at invadeIT supports simultaneous dual-band operation.