A Question For The Visa Agents

Gents

How did you become a visa agent? What was the path you lead from your arrival in Thailand to opening your agency? Are you glad you decided to start the business? How would you assess the business environment in terms of legalities, bottom and top lines as well as the competition, is it pure competition an oligopoly? How about the barriers to entry you experienced when first attempting to open your Agency?

Tell us your experiences....

You cannot be serious.

The subject is actually an interesting one, and had it come from anyone else I might have looked at positively. If I thought I would get a fair hearing from you, then I might oblige. But, you have done nothing but attempt to discredit me and our business, and there is no way I am setting myself up for you to take pot shots at.

You are a flamer. The only positive thing you have done is to show that our fees, to which you object, are reasonable when compared to other agents in Thailand. I guess that backfired on you.

No one makes persons applying use agents, if someone does not have the confidence to apply themselves, then where would they get the assistance they require, and yes than can read up on TV.

If looking at fees, are the fees for the new English test fair?, and for that matter are any fees payable to get your lawfully married spouse to your home county fair?.

Its an expensive process all round, you either choose to pay or not.

I am not connected in any way to any agent.

No one makes persons applying use agents, if someone does not have the confidence to apply themselves, then where would they get the assistance they require, and yes than can read up on TV.

If looking at fees, are the fees for the new English test fair?, and for that matter are any fees payable to get your lawfully married spouse to your home county fair?.

Quite right, Steve. If someone lacks the confidence or intelligence then yes, there will always be those willing to profit from that. I guess thats the same as visiting Pattaya - 99% of men could be married within a week, however 1% would require the serivies of a mail order bride company and the accompanying visa service balt on.

Again, the concept of fairness is by definition, self-limiting. To me, paying one baht to meet a Thai woman is pointless, to some paying 1 million for a wife is worthwhile and by that same logic someone without the intelligence to put together an settlement application 28k is worth it (though one would assume that if they cannnot navigate that hurdle their earning potential is so limited that visiting SE Asia is probably unlikely).

As you said, its all about personal choice. And, I would add, assessing all the differing opinions which are out there to assist one in forming a judgement.

Quite right, Steve. If someone lacks the confidence or intelligence then yes, there will always be those willing to profit from that. I guess thats the same as visiting Pattaya - 99% of men could be married within a week, however 1% would require the serivies of a mail order bride company and the accompanying visa service balt on.

Again, the concept of fairness is by definition, self-limiting. To me, paying one baht to meet a Thai woman is pointless, to some paying 1 million for a wife is worthwhile and by that same logic someone without the intelligence to put together an settlement application 28k is worth it (though one would assume that if they cannnot navigate that hurdle their earning potential is so limited that visiting SE Asia is probably unlikely).

As you said, its all about personal choice. And, I would add, assessing all the differing opinions which are out there to assist one in forming a judgement.

So it's profiteering to offer a good or service that someone else cannot do? :blink::lol:

You espouse "free choice" yet condemn those who choose a different path to you? You somehow think that people who maybe don't have the time or education somehow can't afford to come to Thailand? Are you for real? :lol:

A real life example...I know a guy, early 20's, who married a Bargirl. He is a "groundworker" ie dig's up roads. He work's 7 days a week and earns nearly a grand a week CASH. So he had the financial wherewithal to visit Asia (as do many).

Yes, he wasn't bright enough or did he have the inclination to do a Visa application. He paid an agent 50,000 to complete his application. He got his Visa and was happy. Is that a bad thing? :blink:

You're entitled to your opinions...that's all they are...and rather snobbish at that.

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL