Dian - How To Spell It?

farangnahrak

Do you mean I as in Dee-Chan - ดิฉัน ?

nope

ok, I made a phone call to a Thai friend to put this to rest.

It's spelled เดี้ยน. In terms of politeness, it fits in between ฉัน and ดิฉัน.

Even with the correct spelling, Google still fails to find me examples of the word . . .

Do you mean I as in Dee-Chan - ดิฉัน ?

nope

ok, I made a phone call to a Thai friend to put this to rest.

It's spelled เดี้ยน. In terms of politeness, it fits in between ฉัน and ดิฉัน.

Even with the correct spelling, Google still fails to find me examples of the word . . .

เดี๊ยน generally uses by "social climber" type character in comedy show/Thai soap opera or some funny novel, but not in daily life.

เดี๊ยน generally uses by "social climber" type character in comedy show/Thai soap opera or some funny novel, but not in daily life.

I once saw it in an 'authors opinion' column, where the author used เดี๊ยน to refer to herself. I can't remember the other cases I've seen it . . .

I once saw it in an 'authors opinion' column, where the author used เดี๊ยน to refer to herself. I can't remember the other cases I've seen it . . .

As I said it used in funny novels, and you saw it used in printed article, all for some laugh, but it not use in normal conversation. If one does used in a normal conversation, that person may be look upon as "ดัดจริต" (over the top)